Talk

Advanced search

i feel soo old!!

(9 Posts)
booyhoo Sat 13-Jun-09 21:02:08

since i got pg with ds 2 last august i seemed to have aged by 20 years. i really dont know how it happened but my wardrobe now consists exclusively of clothes my sister no longer wants. i never go shopping except for the boys and as i never go out, i feel that buying dressy clothes is a waste so i dont buy them. while pg i did a bit of maternity shopping and actually bought a top because i thought my mum would like it!!!! what the hell is wrong with me, i am 22 btw my mum is 54. why would i want to be wearing anything remotely similar to what she does??

i want to look 22. OH is so trendy with his hair and clothes. i feel so frumpy with him. and now that ive had ds2 im bfing so can only wear tops that allow 'access' iykwim. i have only two pairs of trousers that fit, well, one pair fits and the other are maternity jeans that i pull in with a belt and am constantly pulling them up, i dont own a skirt, dress or pair of shorts. i really need to give myself a huge makeover but i havent the faintest idea where to start or what suits me or even what people my age are wearing. tbh this probably all started when ds1 was born 4 years ago but im only really noticing it now. someone please give me great advice on how to dress myself again. before i resign myself to being 54 forever.

motherlovebone Sat 13-Jun-09 21:06:37

topshop? H&M? they also do feeding tops.

yousaidit Sat 13-Jun-09 21:07:47

ha ha, this sounds like me!!!

all my clothes are now very baland and from tescos blush

the only ones that aren't are nice things that don't bloody fit!!!!

possibly get everyone to give you gift vouchers for b'days to do a bog spend spree?

haircuts are usually a good start, even f you don't e=wear makeup, at least if your hair is ok then the day isn't totally lost! grin

yousaidit Sat 13-Jun-09 21:08:11

baland??? eh?? bland, i mean!!

booyhoo Sat 13-Jun-09 21:11:39

good idea about gift vouchers!!! never thought of that, its my bday in 11 days. did not know topshop and h&m did feeding tops. will check those.

Ivykaty44 Sat 13-Jun-09 21:13:38

jeans can look good

outfit

tops to gowith jeans

yousaidit Sat 13-Jun-09 21:22:42

oh god, terrible though this is, tesco (i know, i know..) do their t-shirts, i think these are 2 for £8, buit they are 3/4 sleeved and they look like a cross over on the chest, then a line is stitched under the bust and it is a plain t-shirt, but it is that really nice smooth stretchy t-shirt material, not the ribbed studff, abnd the good part is the bit over your chest wher it looks like a wrap top isn't stiched together, so you can pull one bit back to whip out a bob for feeding. they're opain in diff colours. hth

brokenspacebar Sat 13-Jun-09 23:10:01

I would go to new look, but have a look around and see what people are wearing that you like.... buy yourself a couple of pairs of shoes you love (I think shoe shopping is much more fun than clothes shopping).

You can be quite inventive whilst bf, depending on what you are comfortable with, you need to experiment with what works for you, but I never owned a bf top(though I think there are some nice ones around now).

I would plan a couple of 2hr shopping trips, between feeds or with oh taking charge of your wee ones whilst you shop... don't plan to go to a lot of shops, just a couple you know you will like.

Get your hair done, you will feel better for it! Try not to be so hard on yourself, it is hard enough trying to bf and deal with the demands of young children - I think it took me at least a year to feel human after having a baby (feel not lookwink)

booyhoo Sun 14-Jun-09 12:50:14

good advice brokenspacebar. right going to arrange a day shopping with fashionable friend without children and see what comes of it. thank you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now