Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have 9 days to prepare for girls only holiday..... give me a plan of action!

(8 Posts)
TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 20:21:52

So my sisters and I are heading off to sunny Greek Islands for a week to celebrate a special birthday (not mine.....not yet!)

I have 9 days to get myself prepped for the beach. What do I need to do? How would you like to prepare yourself for a beach holiday in a fantasy life? (assuming you are all as busy as me and have plans but no time for action )

Give me a timetable of events Please

Ivykaty44 Sat 13-Jun-09 20:27:23

Get your legs waxed 7 days before you go

7 days get eyebrows done

Get mositurizing 6 days 5 days and 4 days before you go and exfoliating (espe bikini area

3 days shave bikini line

1 day Manicure and pedicure
1 day before you go get fake tan

All washing done - pack 7 outfits and bikini hat book and glasses

off you go

spicemonster Sat 13-Jun-09 20:29:50

Right - assess wardrobe - you need one 'nice' dress, a couple of out and about in the day time outfits, a beach/poolside cover up, two bikinis/swimsuits and 3 pairs of shoes - pool, walking, evening.

Check you have sunscreen/insect repellent/other medical essentials

Flexitol your feet now and go for a pedicure 3 days before you go. Start removing excess body hair early next week and fake take every other night for 6 days so you have base colour.

Make sure you have books/ipod/passport/tickets/spending money sorted. Addresses of anyone you need to send postcards to.

Anything else you need to do - bills that will come up while you're away/animals needing feeding etc.

I am jealous

shinyshoes Sat 13-Jun-09 20:30:04

trimmeth lady garden, wax it, shavers rash is no good in bikini.

Ivykaty44 Sat 13-Jun-09 20:34:51

exfoliate and you will not get rashes on bikini line wink even shaving

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 21:30:51

oooh! Thank you

All great advice. Think will go for waxing of bikini line. Always seem to get wicked re-growth itch-tastic moments with shaving.

Is there a minimum time before exposing to sun issue with waxing?

Is a salon pedicure absolutely necessary? Is it possible to do it yourself with equally stunning results? If so.....what equipment do I need to purchase?

Especially love outfit advice. I try and do this each year but inevitably panic pack at last moment thinking "ooh, might want that, this and that" and end up with tons of stuff in case which remains unworn and gives me stress each night about "what shall I wear?". Will start sifting through wardrobe this week and hang out outfits for consideration before final edit.

You ladies are all stars

hf128219 Sat 13-Jun-09 21:32:49

Start drinking lots of water now - you will be all fresh faced and glowing.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 21:39:34

<< Mrs JS puts down glass of rose and heads towards tap>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now