Talk

Advanced search

help me find a fab bikini...why are the shops so full of dreary ones?

(11 Posts)
kissmummy Sat 13-Jun-09 17:34:33

i'm flat chested so i need something padded. a halterneck is most flattering on me. i can't find anything that's not horrible brown and yellow colours. i'm a size 10/12. anyone got any suggestions?

lambanana Sat 13-Jun-09 17:55:04

Primark have got loads of different styles/colours/sizes as have Next and M&S.

KerryMumbles Sat 13-Jun-09 17:55:38

Refuse to help anyone that can actually WEAR a bikini

gill89 Sat 13-Jun-09 18:01:52

waht about this?

or this

or this

or this

MadameDefarge Sat 13-Jun-09 18:04:04

The Guardian had a wholly unexpected, but welcome trawl through available swimwear today, lots and lots. worth a look.

Clure Sat 13-Jun-09 18:16:23

pretty
similar
halter
another halter

tinseltot Sat 13-Jun-09 18:18:11

I would second the vote for primark. I got an ace red and white polka dot padded bikini top and bottoms from there last year. Lots of friends have commented on how nice it is. Little do they know that it cost about £6!!

Clure Sat 13-Jun-09 18:18:44

a reasonably priced selection here

missblythe Sat 13-Jun-09 18:20:02

Not on-line, but GAP have got some lovely ones that would be great for your shape, and in some lovely prints.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 19:57:33

Last year, I found some fab bikinis in TK Maxx (Rip Curl and Michael Kors) which were great for those not blessed of nork. In fact, the Michael Kors bikini I bought is truly the Wonderbra of bikinis. My DH was gutted when I switched to wearing a different one on day 3 of our holiday last year

Tesco blush, yes really, has some great bikinis this year. Even the string bikinis have some padding in the cup but not the real obvious type which twists and comes loose (which usually happens with cheap bikinis, ime).

kissmummy Sun 14-Jun-09 21:31:11

thanks everyone - there are two here i really like and am going to order online. problem solved! particular thanks gill89 and clure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now