Talk

Advanced search

I want to try a counter make-up advice session - but...

(8 Posts)
laweaselmys Sat 13-Jun-09 16:58:34

I'm allergic to perfume so sitting in the cosmetic section of a department store is just going to send me to hospital.

Anybody got any ideas? Preferably inexpensive ones?

(My actual make up issue is that I have very dry skin and having to heavily moisturise means my skin always has blemishes so need advice on disguising this, without making my skin worse)

cornsilk Sat 13-Jun-09 17:07:29

Space NK might not be as bad for the perfume.

pagwatch Sat 13-Jun-09 17:09:54

I was just going to say Space NK - plus they use multiple products so ( whilst expensive) at least you don't just get flogged whatever the counter sell IYSWIM

(BTW I went to SNK with the same problem.
I now use Eve Lom and chantecaille and my skin is a squillion times better.)

laweaselmys Sat 13-Jun-09 17:28:59

Hmm, might have to do a day trip to bluewater then since there's no SNK near me - but there are worse things in the world. wink grin

Will ask about the Eve Lom and Chantecaille as well, thanks!

tinseltot Sat 13-Jun-09 18:15:19

My biggest fear with make up counter makeovers is - are you expected to turn up with no make up on at all?? - am just not sure that i could! Always like my face on before leaving the house.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 20:02:43

No fear tinseltot....if you go along with make up on they will cleanse your face before applying their magic anyway

cocolepew Sat 13-Jun-09 20:04:44

The make up ladies are all orange though shock

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 13-Jun-09 20:13:53

yes, i find that too coco. Its why I only ever approach very underdone ladies/men on Chanel & YSL counters if I am looking for daywear make up. Otherwise I head off to MAC where all the bright eyed and lovely ladies work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now