Talk

Advanced search

advice needed on looking beautiful please!

(27 Posts)
traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 20:30:37

Hello!
I'm not very good at looking good blush - a bit of a jeans and t-shirt girl really - but I have a family wedding to go to next month and would like to look lovely! I'm still BF and so have bought this dress to wear. It fits nicely, is comfy and flattering...but what do I wear with it? What shoes? What accessories? what about jacket/cardigan/shawl type thing? I've got big sticky outy veins at the top of my milk-full cleavage (although no-one in RL seems to see them as a problem but they seem massive to me!) so I wondered about a necklace but I'm so rubbish at fashion...please help me! grin

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 20:32:06

do u prefer to wear high heels or flats or some where in between? will go have a scout for stuff

DunderMifflin Fri 12-Jun-09 20:33:33

Nice dress!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 12-Jun-09 20:34:59

That dress is lovely !

A wrap would be nice, or a bolero, but if your arms are okay I wouldn't bother.

You can get really pretty necklaces in accessorize, can you get to the shops for a lookie or do you want to do it all online?

It all depends on the hue of the dress (is it cornflower or iris?)

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 20:37:03

a bit of bling shoe

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 20:38:43

pretty cardy

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 20:44:52

casual cardy

nice scarf

pretty necklace

necklace

earings

traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 20:57:13

oooh you're all really helpful! I've never posted in this zone before and wasn't sure if I'd get replies!!! I have to say I'm always in flat shoes and I am going to be wearing them all day...I LOVE that casual cardy - not necessarily for the wedding either! And the pretty scarf is very nice smile
I can get to the shops - I'm in York - we don;t have a vast array of exciting stores but we have the usual high street stuff - and Leeds is easy to get to. I've never bought clothes or shoes online because I'm quite little (5ft) and small ish (mostly size 8) but with a big bum, curvy hips and bazookas full of milk at the moment, so I always like to try on because I'm difficult to fit! I always seem to be the wrong shape! I'm probably not as freaky as I made out there grin

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:00:35

the casual cardy onwards is all from republic, which is a general high street store, should have one where you are

traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 21:02:05

Boys I've no idea how to describe the colour! Blue! ha ha I really am rubbish at this aren't I?!!
How would I wear the scarf? Is it a tie-round-the-neck jobby or a drape-round-the-shoulders?

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 12-Jun-09 21:05:53

Well I would accesorise with a soft cream or ivory cardi/wrap/bolero, those fab shoes that cookie linked to, the Next ones, and perhaps try to match the blue in a necklace

Oh, and have you been given a stonking great piece of jewellery for squeezing out the baby?

A huge cocktail ring set with perhaps an aquamarine would be stunning

<eggs trace on>

traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 21:08:32

cookie thanks! According to the website my nearest store is Leeds, which is easy for me to get to - might well be taking a trip there next week! Do you think pretty flip flops would work or is that a no-no for a wedding? something like these or these?

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:10:33

flats 1

flats 2

prob wrong colour but cute flat 3

slight heel 1

slight heel 2

slight heel 3

slight heel 4

traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 21:10:51

lol boys I'll have to work on DH for my baby-squeezing reward! I think he got me some flowers for my efforts hmm

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:13:45

i like the 2nd set of flip flops, i think they are nice for a wedding and personally i don't where high heels although i love them dearly and i would wear them to a wedding

Clure Fri 12-Jun-09 21:16:03

lovely sparkly flat sandals
necklace
matching chunky ring
cardi
cardi 2
clutch

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:17:28

bangle thing

necklace

whole page of nice stuff

Clure Fri 12-Jun-09 21:18:27

dress is gorge by the way

traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 21:18:37

ooh me thinks we shall be paying Accessorize a visit too smile Love those shoes Clure!

Clure Fri 12-Jun-09 21:20:08

yes me too! would get them myself but I don't wear leather

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:20:36

i really need to stop now, am going back to buy some lovely shoes i saw, a few websites ago, must not buy much more!!!

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:21:42

also love the shoes clure

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 21:56:06

ok no need to worry ladies i bought the lovely shoes

traceface Fri 12-Jun-09 21:57:33

well done! I'm sorry if my search for help has caused you to spend! I take full responsibility for your purchase grin Enjoy the shoes!

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-09 22:00:52

i need absolutly no excuse to spend, but when defending my purchase to dp i will use this as an escape route, i currently own roughly 35 pairs of shoes trainers flats e.t.c i would say i'm bordering on an obsession

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now