Talk

Advanced search

What can I do about the old lady lump/mole on my face?

(11 Posts)

Its not a mole as its not brown, its more of a reddish, pinky lump. I thought it was a spot at first bt its been there nearly a year and is about the size of 1/2 my little finger nail. It doesn't stick out very much but it keeps getting a horrible, really thick hair growing out of it that I have to keep tweezing out.

BEAUTlFUL Fri 12-Jun-09 19:16:06

I had something like this, but more sticky-outy and without any hair, removed in 10 minutes as an outpatient at the local hospital. See your GP and make an appointment to get it cut out. Scar is very small.

CandleQueen Fri 12-Jun-09 19:18:16

Help families with terribly behaved children a la Nanny mcPhee?

I've never watched Nanny McPhee, guessign she has an old lady wart?

I'll go see my Gp, seeign as it wasn't there a year ago I suppose I could go and tell him I'm worried it may be cancerous and then see if I can convince him to say it can be removed.

HeliumBee Sun 14-Jun-09 23:12:19

Hi
Im in a similar position to you - however - I would just like to say that if you are going down the removal because you're worried route - be aware that if you apply for health insurance you may have to declare this later on... (even if there was really nothing wrong!!!)

HeliumBee Sun 14-Jun-09 23:12:38

p.s lmao at Nanny McPhee

Rindercella Sun 14-Jun-09 23:20:23

Nanny McPhee StripeKnickers, I had 3 (yes 3) of these removed from my face about 3 years ago. My GP referred me and I had the consultation & removal done on the same day. The most painful bit was the local anaesthetic as it is injected erm, locally, so can be quite sore. However, the whole thing took about 20 minutes. I don't have any scars.

Bink Sun 14-Jun-09 23:24:26

Oh, this is inspiring. I've had one on my face next to my nose all my life (when ds was a baby he used to try to get it, saying his version of 'raisin') - I'd love to lose it.

gawkygirl Sun 14-Jun-09 23:39:42

How do you pursuade your GP to arange the treatment? I went to see mine the other day (had an appt for something else and mentioned it in a while-I'm-here sort of way) and was basically told not to worry and run away.sad
The new lump that I asked about was reddish/pinkish and I thought might be something nasty (since it was new). I was really depressed about it for a while as I already have two lumps and didn't fancy yet another but it miraculously dropped off after 6 months.
My baby used to make comments too, bink. I would love to have mine removed.

I think you probably have to cry and say its giving you confidence problems and you can't bare to go out anymore. hmm

sarah293 Mon 15-Jun-09 16:40:13

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now