Talk

Advanced search

Calling DarrelR and Florence - the playsuit has landed

(52 Posts)
mrsshackleton Fri 12-Jun-09 17:39:47

I posted a long message on this and it disappeared into the mn ether

But briefly - it is actually v flattering, heavy material (and machine washable! [boring emoticon}, not too clingy but still giving a bit of shape. My dh likes it and he is unimpressed by much of my wardrobe.

However, it will be a 'mare to make wees in as to get it off you have to undo dozens of teeny, fiddly buttons. No good after wine has been taken or even before judging by my attempts to put it on today.

So I will think on it, this weekend but it'll probably go back. If you have the patience and are fixated on a playsuit I'd recommend it though

<<cowers from the wrath of Elizabeth>>

FlorenceAndtheWashingMachine Fri 12-Jun-09 18:57:12

I think that an item of clothing that any DH notices is worth holding on to, MrsShackleton, fiddly buttons or not.

You must suffer for the sake of looking utterly gorgeous - do you think that the sainted Lauren Bacall cared about such things?!

You could always wear a Tena Lady grin

woodenchair Fri 12-Jun-09 19:01:15

fashion not function!

mrsshackleton Fri 12-Jun-09 19:31:13

Maybe I could just borrow one of dd2's nappies?

They are really, really fiddly buttons

Will try again later tonight and make the final decision.

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 19:34:02

ooh, what a conundrum
am now tempted to order one again
but I hate not being able to get in and out of my clothes [indecisive]
Perhaps you should take a photo of yourself in it and link it to your profile so we can see it?
smile
Am very tempted to order it again

SoupDragon Fri 12-Jun-09 19:35:14

Good job it's machine washable seeing as you're going to be weeing yourself when you wear it.

mrsshackleton Fri 12-Jun-09 19:42:30

That's what I thought Soupy!

Darrell, hold out (on ordering, not on weeing) until tomorrow at least when I shall report back. If you hate not getting in and out of things this is not the garment for you

Am tempted to link a picture of me minus head (in case cuboid ex comes a mumsnetting)

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 19:46:24

yyyy to the link without a head
Highly unlikely that cubeman is a mumsnetter grin
you are right though, I hate fiddly things
And I like going to the bathroom at smart dos

Podrick Fri 12-Jun-09 19:49:07

Wear it fgs - it looks fab - surely you can cope with 100 tiny buttons at your age???!!!

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 19:49:41

Put on some fake nails as well
That will finish you off

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 19:53:08

Podrick is so so so so right
I've just ordered it
I've worn Saris to parties and survived {barely]

NeedaNewName Fri 12-Jun-09 19:56:40

Could we please have alink for those of us who have no idea what your talking about!!! grin

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 19:59:35

here

SoupDragon Fri 12-Jun-09 20:01:39

Holy cr*p, that model is anorexic.

Seriously don't see the point of these items. WTF is "playsuit" all about anyway? How much playing are you going to get up to in an all-in-one?

DeepGoat Fri 12-Jun-09 20:02:41

could you create a slit with popper (babygro stylee). or colostomise yourself to a fetching sequenned clutch

NeedaNewName Fri 12-Jun-09 20:18:56

Ooh I like that - didnt think I would.

Shame I'm a short arse, would look absolutely horrendous on me but if you're tall - go for it

mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 20:28:35

Aren't marks doing a veh similar one for a quarter of the price? I think the models thiness, nice pendant and wallpaper make that jumpsuit look nice

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 20:33:41

marks and spencers as follows
£59
not so nice, bit tight around crotch and arms not so flattering

mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 20:38:13

i think a mnetter had bought this one. Comparing it to the ££ one, the ££ one is much nicer

That website is pretty. But I think I am being seduced by the soft furnishings.

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 20:39:26

yy
I have quickly checked and I still prefer the Anusha one
Less starchy looking

DarrellRivers Fri 12-Jun-09 20:40:21

must go to spend evening with Dh instead of thinking about jumpsuits
will check back later

BabyJaguar Sat 13-Jun-09 08:50:37

i liek ita lot

mrsshackleton Sat 13-Jun-09 15:11:55

Darrell, I told you to wait! [feels like I am talking to my dds and being ignored emoticon]

Dh got all girly last night and spent about 20 mins discussing jumpsuit. We agree it is quite nice but also I do feel like I am wearing my pyjamas and I'm just not sure I'll wear it enough to justify costs. And the buttons are really fiddly, I don't love it enough to want to go through all that hassle. So back it goes

But I v much look forward to your take on it plus headless (or with head if you prefer) picture

Dh and I agreed a similar but much easier look would be high waisted flare trousers and a little top. Am on the hunt for such trews now so any suggestion v welcome grin

DarrellRivers Sat 13-Jun-09 17:07:25

I will try on and then decide
lol at all this smile

FlorenceAndtheWashingMachine Sat 13-Jun-09 18:22:01

I love the fact that this playsuit has brought out your DH's inner-Gok, Mrs Shackleton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now