Talk

Advanced search

Home teeth whitening kit?

(11 Posts)
fifitot Thu 11-Jun-09 15:03:37

I had my teeth whitened about 3 years ago and would like to do it again but can't afford it. I was given the gel by the dentist and had the mould things made to fit my teeth so could do it at home.

I still have the things to go over my teeth but would like the gel. The ones in the chemist seem OK but I believe they aren't great as the level of bleach in over the counter products is minimal.

Anyone used one and how effective was it?

Thanks.

fifitot Thu 11-Jun-09 15:23:27

Sorry just did a search and see lots of previous threads about this.

Crest strips seem to come off well though? Anyone use them?

Owls Thu 11-Jun-09 15:25:28

I know somebody who has just used those Crest strips. Really have worked well. I was dubious before and thought they might be a waste of money, but honestly the results have been amazing.

pippo Thu 11-Jun-09 15:26:03

where do you get them from?

Owls Thu 11-Jun-09 15:35:21

Person I know got them from Amazon - think they were cheapest there. She bought the "top of the range" version apparently although I'm not sure what the variations are.

pippo Thu 11-Jun-09 15:40:37

thanks will have a look

soopermum1 Thu 11-Jun-09 19:59:44

i'm nearly finished using mine and would thoruoghly recommend. got them on amazon

Jewelsandgems Thu 11-Jun-09 21:05:30

I use them and they are excellent .

Morecrumbleplease Fri 12-Jun-09 01:13:13

I have used Safe and White gel from Boots in my trays and have found it very effective,

fifitot Fri 12-Jun-09 07:51:42

Thanks - still got trays from when I did it at the dentist so could get the gel.

My dentist has raised his price to nearly £400 from £250 for this process! All he does is make the mould and give you the gel.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Mon 15-Jun-09 21:52:02

Just thought I'd say I used to buy the gel from my dentist once the original stuff ran out - cost about £25 afair, for four syringes full, the box says '10% pf carbamide peroxide gel.'

Unfortunately I no longer have trays as I boiled them when I was thought they looked a bit mouldy and they melted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now