Talk

Advanced search

Little girls nightdresses - where?

(15 Posts)
minko Thu 11-Jun-09 12:19:14

Want to buy nightdresses rather than pyjamas and can't find any anywhere. Well, found a lovely one in the white company but £22! No Disney please... any ideas?

minko Thu 11-Jun-09 12:20:36

Oh, and 100% cotton please - which wipes out Next!

Bucharest Thu 11-Jun-09 12:23:25

The Boden ones look lovely, but again, are about £20.
Have you tried John Lewis? I have lovely children's all cotton jammies from there, so they might do nighties as well.

minko Thu 11-Jun-09 12:27:24

Hmmm, even the Boden ones - though nice - are polyester and £24 for a 2 pack... Can get polyester nighties in Primark, but they go all bobbly and nasty quite quickly. DD is a sweaty betty too so cotton would be best.

littlebrownmouse Thu 11-Jun-09 14:12:00

Marks and sparks have some includiing Charlie and Lola ones. Notivced them today.

muumi Fri 26-Jun-09 19:03:40

Incredible! I have just been trawling the net for the very same.

My DD wants a nightdress for staying dry through the night and I bought some from Primark (the only ones I could find at the time) before realising they are horrible polyester. Since then I have been on a mission - which I am apparently failing at! - to find 100% cotton ones that don't cost the earth. Seeing as I probably need 4 or so, to pay £20 seems crazy.

I checked out the M&S ones today but they are synthetic too. I shall check out John Lewis though.

Who'd have thought it could be so difficult!

muumi Fri 26-Jun-09 19:05:32

OK, so I've just had a look at John Lewis online and they're all 100% Polyester too. What is going on???

hana Fri 26-Jun-09 19:06:23

we have a few of the boden ones and they are now on dd3 and still look good. they have a 20% code floating around if that's any help?

Sazisi Fri 26-Jun-09 20:00:31

I've bought lovely cotton nighties for DD1 from Okaidi in the past.

wolfnipplechips Fri 26-Jun-09 20:13:27

I searched everywhere and couldn't find any good ones, i ended up going with the little white company as they were the best i could find. My mum just bought my ds some really nice cotton pyjamas from a danish company called Wheat, they were expensive but worth it.

wolfnipplechips Fri 26-Jun-09 20:15:16

just looked and they don't seem to have nighties on the uk site but the do have these, cute

forkhandles Fri 26-Jun-09 20:16:57

I have also been searching for cotton nighties as my girls have the primark ones but you can literally see them spark they are so synthetic. I still haven't got any yet but I do remember being told that you could get lovely simple summer dresses, like beach dresses, in H&M that were cotton and you could wear them as nighties. We don't have H&M near us though...

Claire2301 Fri 26-Jun-09 20:58:05

Found these: £17 though.... http://www.littlepresentcompany.co.uk/pyjamas-nightwear.asp

picklesmama Fri 26-Jun-09 22:17:35

The white company ones are now 30% off as the sale started today - roses nightdress - my daughter wears these and they are just beautiful. Free delivery offer too.
I'd get a few in the sale, they wear them so often they get plenty of wear and stay perfect for handmedowns.
When they arrive they have a funny smell from the flame-resistant coating but it goes on washing!!

saramoon Sat 27-Jun-09 11:12:49

Have been looking too with no success. All polyester and disney. Mine have been wearing a couple of my own (nice) old little t-shirts or just vest and pants to bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now