Talk

Advanced search

Gulp. I am going to homedye my eyelashes tonight. Never done it before.

(14 Posts)
sassy Wed 10-Jun-09 17:22:28

Any tips?

It is to avoid the panda eyes (inveterate eye-rubber, yet to find mazzy I don't scrub all over my face). But will I have permanent panda eyes..for 6 weeks?

<quiver>

cookielove Wed 10-Jun-09 17:24:11

oh my god, i wish you good luck !! grin

aGalChangedHerName Wed 10-Jun-09 17:28:16

I wouldn't!!!

My pal who has done a beauty course etc made an arse of her own despite being very very good at other peoples!!

TheDevilWearsPenneys Wed 10-Jun-09 17:33:47

Noooo don't how much did the kit cost?

I get it done in central London for £12.

sassy Wed 10-Jun-09 17:48:44

Ooh. OK. I get the message. Will pop into salon tomorrow.

Furball Wed 10-Jun-09 18:01:38

i've been doing my own for about 25 years! (god I sound old!)

I use Dylash but they've made it weaker so will change brands next time.

Smear vaseline all round your skin as if it gets on your skin it will stain.

Then apply one eye with it closed along the top of the lashes, then underneath alittle, then the other.

more later - needs to take ds to cubs sorry

alarkaspree Wed 10-Jun-09 18:04:18

I do this, I think I do a better job than a salon. They always end up stinging my eyes. Spread vaseline all around the area, use a q-tip thingy around the eyelash area. It's worth doing a patch test on your arm first to make sure you're not allergic.

Furball Wed 10-Jun-09 20:24:03

sorry sassy - I'm back now,

yeah, do both eyes (obviously) and when you want to get it off, after 8-10 mins, wash your eyes with soap and water 3 or 4 times. If you don't open your eyes it won't hurt. So much easuer than wiping for yonks with cotton wool.

eeky Wed 10-Jun-09 22:37:46

I have done this for couple of years, off and on. Not difficult at all and a better result than when I've had it done at salons, where they either don't put enough on and not much effect, or manage to poke dye in my eyes. Dyelash hopeless, too weak. Have got 2 kits off t'internet which are great, full salon strength whatever that means. Blue-black colour is wonderful for lashes, but dark brown good for lashes and brows. Put vaseline around area and use plenty of dye, make sure dye is not too cold as doesn't work so well. You'll never go back to mascara!

nappyaddict Thu 11-Jun-09 16:01:18

If you already have dark lashes can you see much of a difference?

sassy Thu 11-Jun-09 16:06:51

Have wimped out. Sorry furball, after all your useful tips an'all. Booked into salon next wk.

Furball Thu 11-Jun-09 18:30:59

charmin' wink

It looks fab though and lasts for about 4-6 weeks depending on how fast your lashes grow.

I did start going to a salon when ds was young but soon gave it up as it soon mounts up the £££'s

brimfull Thu 11-Jun-09 19:07:30

eeky -what stuff do you use?

blondissimo Fri 12-Jun-09 10:13:41

Never dye your own lashes - recipe for serious disaster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now