Talk

Advanced search

Am I being unreasonable? To think that perhaps I shouldn't pumice my feet until they bleed... and other Style and Beauty blunders...

(10 Posts)
Jacksmama Wed 10-Jun-09 17:17:14

Mum sent me a fab pedicure thingie - how fab, I didn't know until I had DS in the shower with me and he took it apart grin - it has a black pumicing surface and a nifty callus grater hidden inside!! So I'm happily pumicing my heels with the grater bit while keeping an eye on DS and - OUCH - grated a bit too much callus off my heel and made it bleed!! blush sad I guess I didn't realize how efficient the grater thingie was... [duh emoticon]

Which led me to think of other beauty blunders...

to wit:

AIBU to think that trimming my own fringe is NEVER a good idea?

... that plucking "just one more eyebrow hair" is also NEVER a good idea?

... that bikini waxing should be left to the professionals?

... that squeezing a spot right before a photo op amounts to terminal stupidity??

I'm sure there's more...

PortBlacksandResident Wed 10-Jun-09 17:23:07

Do not snip your backfriends cuticles so much that all ten of your fingers bleed - no matter how thickly they grow.

JohnnyTwoHats Wed 10-Jun-09 17:26:52

Trimming own fringe. Trimming DD's fringe. All photos from period in question have been hidden.

sassy Wed 10-Jun-09 17:28:17

dear god I hope I am not posting on this thread tomorrow..

Geocentric Wed 10-Jun-09 17:31:49

Poking at an ingrown hair after waxing until you open a massive wound on your leg and STILL have an ingrown hair. grin

Jacksmama Wed 10-Jun-09 17:38:14

Step away from the home-eyelash-dying kit everyone!!! <hesitates to recount own horrible experience>

PortBlacksandResident Wed 10-Jun-09 17:40:48

Oooh Geo - i love to get DHs ingrowing hairs and squeeze and pull and squeeze and pull. So satisfying for me.

Jacksmama Thu 11-Jun-09 15:53:20

It is also not the best idea to get your hair cut right before a professional photo shoot... if you have the type of hair that needs about a week to settle into a cut.
Grrr.

How did the eyelash dyeing go, sassy?

BeatrixRotter Thu 11-Jun-09 15:55:33

Go careful when trimming lady garden, or you might nip the skin. Twice.

Jacksmama Thu 11-Jun-09 18:57:44

Ensure that the guard is on your little pink ladygarden clippers. Otherwise you may end up with 4 mm long pubic hair. Which is prickly. Very.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now