Talk

Advanced search

We've done the good, we've done the bad.....

(15 Posts)
Bucharest Wed 10-Jun-09 15:31:35

What about the el cheapo but fabulous products?

I always buy Collection 2000 mazzies, and am partial to a smearing of good old blue nivea or Astral cream when my face is very dry in winter....

I heard somewhere, (possibly MN) that Atrixo hand cream is made from virtually the same ingredients as Creme de la Mer....(urban myth possibly???)

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 10-Jun-09 15:38:28

I think Boots basic cleansers are good. Nice and light and usually fine for sensitive skin. Would say they are comparable to Dermalogica (and I am a big Dermalogica fan).

bleh Wed 10-Jun-09 15:38:45

Atrixo is AMAZING and apparently Twiggy used it back in the '60s. (gullible emoticon)

One of my favourites is Dr Palmers Coco-butter, which I have now been using for about 12 years, which shows something as I am a complete beauty products whore.

Disenchanted3 Wed 10-Jun-09 15:40:24

The aldi version of toucheclat, even better IMO, and doesn't develope that odd smell.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 10-Jun-09 15:42:02

Second vote for Palmers Cocoa Butter. Really lovely stuff and smoothes stretchmarks to barely-there proportions

Pinkjenny Wed 10-Jun-09 15:42:07

I am evangelical about Knight's Castile soap and Nivea Moisturiser.

sassy Wed 10-Jun-09 15:44:20

Bottom Butter - as discussed her ad nauseum.

Chepa, effective, 100%natural - and it really lifted my previously lack-lustre, slightly spotty skin. I am converted.

Bucharest Wed 10-Jun-09 15:48:04

I keep reading about this bottom butter, is it like body butter then? But for bottoms? (and presumably mummy-faces)

Hassled Wed 10-Jun-09 15:51:03

I second (or third) Nivea in the big blue tub - it's like putting glue on your face but it really does the job. I'm also partial to Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser.

Hassled Wed 10-Jun-09 15:51:27

And Vaseline. There is nothing better for cracked lips.

sassy Wed 10-Jun-09 15:53:12

Its nappy cream grin

Just olive oil, vanilla and chamomile. And lush on mummy faces.

Bucharest Wed 10-Jun-09 15:55:05

Just googled....will head straight to Waitrose when back in perfidious Albion at the end of the month.....smile

Also have huge pot of Vaseline- except it's not even Vaseline, it's someone's own brand so about 49p for a tub which lasts about 3 yrs.

TBCoalman Wed 10-Jun-09 17:14:27

no, not Palmers Cocoa Butter. It smells of sick.

Yes to Astral cream - great for feet. Vaseline good too.

Have tried lots of expensive foundations and have decided that Rimmel Recover is the best.

geordieminx Wed 10-Jun-09 17:30:12

Not particulary cheap but Rubie and Millie glass nail file - its £10 but it never goes blunt??, so will last forever... as long as your 2 year old doesnt smash it on the bathroom floor hmm

FattipuffsandThinnifers Wed 10-Jun-09 17:34:15

Another vote for Nivea lotion.

And Boots own brand fragrance-free eye make up remover. I've got very sensitive eyes and this is the only one that doesn't irritate them except for Clinique. The only difference is paying either £12 or £1.50 a bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now