Talk

Advanced search

Going to be 30 soon. Want to look my age...

(4 Posts)
boogiewoogie Tue 09-Jun-09 22:31:11

My usual attire is straight/ boot cut jeans with a clean cut top but I fancy a change and still look about 15.

I'm after a more polished, grown up look for every day wear. Practical without being boring.

I'm 5ft 2", size 8 not very curvy at all with the exception of a "perty bottom" as dh kindly puts it wink.

Looking forward to responses, thanks.

Jewelsandgems Wed 10-Jun-09 21:47:48

Boogie I don't see anything really wrong with that you already wear.

Are you thinking of banashing jeans for tailored wide legged trousers and a few hundred quids worth of silk chiffon blouse?

Maybe ditch the jeans for a while, and go for all the fabulous dresses around right now. You can wear with fabulous necklace, or flats, or heels, or whatever really! And you can always wear leggings under, if you want.

www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/product/Oasis/All-Dresses/Tropical-Flower-Print-Dress/5550014200 something like this should really make the most of your shape, and add a waist. But oasis have lots of good dresses. There is the wallis dress that has taken over another thread here:
www.wallis-fashion.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId= 20551&storeId=12557&categoryId=145409&parent_category_rn=140428&productId=1236135&langId=-1 and you could wear it again with fabulous jewellry, any pretty much any shoes.

Anything of interest? Or, have I missed the point entirely!

sweetheart Thu 11-Jun-09 13:34:15

I think I know what you mean - at 28 i am trying to find a style that is smart and sophisticated but also still fun and funky. A friend of mine has really got me into accessories which I love. I have recently brought this dress www.frenchconnection.com/product/womens+Dresses/71PV1/Lucy+Dress.htm

It's great because I can wear it at home witht the kids with flip flots or to work with heals and perhaps a nice little cardigan. Plus you can either go no boobs and look very demure or with a bit of wonderbra help look a bit more womanly!

MacaroonIncident Thu 11-Jun-09 13:55:04

dont wear frilyl dresses imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now