Talk

Advanced search

Help, need wedge shoes that *aren't* peep-toe

(18 Posts)
ThriceWoe Tue 09-Jun-09 19:27:16

O wise and stylish Mumsnetters out there - is there such a thing as a pair of wedges in a nice plain colour (preferably black, boringly enough) that are basically just like court shoes but with a wedge heel, not toweringly high, and not sandals or peep-toes? The only ones that come close are these:

www.lkbennett.com/products/shoes/shoescourts/shoescourtsplatformwedge/greta/pid-28958black

They are pretty damn perfect - but they're shiny! I don't want shiny!

Thought I would come straight to the experts before trawling round 10,000 more shops... wink

ThriceWoe Tue 09-Jun-09 19:37:29

OK, this is very bad, I'm answering my own post blush But have just trawled down a bit and seen that the identical question's already been asked. Sorry!

But the answer was....the shoes I've already rejected. So if anyone does have any ideas, I'd still be grateful...

tassisssss Tue 09-Jun-09 19:42:37

if slingbacks are OK and you don't want them too high, i have a next option I could find for you...

cocolepew Tue 09-Jun-09 19:43:36

[lurks in the hope a tan pair is found]

burningupinspeed Tue 09-Jun-09 19:47:34

lurk lurk lurk

littlebrownmouse Tue 09-Jun-09 19:53:33

I have soem from next. Can't do links but they're nuebuck type, wedge heel, sling back, filled in toe with a sort of flower on the front.
The code for them is
463-301-g34

tassisssss Tue 09-Jun-09 19:54:37

I can't find the ones I was thinking of in the directory, but there are lots of Next options for wedgey shoes...

littlebrownmouse Tue 09-Jun-09 19:54:39

Sorry, read tan and am ansewring somebody else I think. May not be helpful at all. Sorry.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 09-Jun-09 20:00:01

navy or grey

too low ?

too high ?

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 09-Jun-09 20:01:29

tan

brokenspacebar Tue 09-Jun-09 20:11:12

fly too casual?

brokenspacebar Tue 09-Jun-09 20:12:43

nicer in petrol

brokenspacebar Tue 09-Jun-09 20:16:19

another fly pair, not sure about them tbh.

ThriceWoe Tue 09-Jun-09 22:14:10

Ooops, sorry all, I was unavoidably called away...thanks so much for all these suggestions. Tillyscoutsmum, the high pair are fab....maybe a leetle too high (more than 3" is pretty sky-scraperish for me, and I'm tall so don't want to tower over dh too much) but I might well investigate further. And exactly what I had in mind style-wise; well-spotted!

fishie Tue 09-Jun-09 22:17:17

£95 for shiny espadrilles? op you ain't wrong to reject them.

camper did something you'd love last year, worth looking on ebay. laura is the name of their wedge style but it is currently peepoid.

ThriceWoe Tue 09-Jun-09 22:21:52

Thanks, fishie - yes, I thought £95 somewhat steep, especially for something I might not wear all that often (there are basically two weddingy/party things we have to go to in the next couple of months, hence shoe crisis).

Camper, yes - I got a pair of gorgeous shoes from their sale a couple of years ago - hadn't thought of them. Will Google at once, thanks!

brokenspacebar Wed 10-Jun-09 11:04:50

I have a pair from h&m, they might be too high, but they are black, court shoe style wedges, £24 ish.

fishie Wed 10-Jun-09 20:09:34

why is it that cheaper shoes are always too high? is there some sort of major expense in the engineering of 3" heels?

similarly cheap flats are always too flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now