Talk

Advanced search

OK I have no budget for bikini waxing before hols this year - what on earth can I do?

(29 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Tue 09-Jun-09 13:47:36

I don't have a very hairy min but I normally have a brazillian before hols but have no money this year. I have tried hair removal cream but obviously am not doing it right as I am left with stubble which is really itchy. I tried to shave but it comes off all wonky.

PLEASE can someone wise and wonderful advise me what I can do myself to get rid of the hair effectively??? xx

blondissimo Tue 09-Jun-09 15:03:44

Is there a college near you that does beauty therapy? When I trained to be a beauty therapist we had a commercial salon evening where we ran it like a salon for experience. It was after we had completed training in waxing, so it's not like you would get a complete novice. I think there was a nominal fee but it was considerably less than salon prices.

KirstyJC Tue 09-Jun-09 15:05:08

plait it!grin

Flutterbye Tue 09-Jun-09 15:42:32

Epilator or home wax with veet strips to take off most of it, where it gets too painful shave?? With an epilator you can do a bit each night without the mess of wax.

alarkaspree Tue 09-Jun-09 15:46:31

I always wax my own bikini line with veet strips, it seems too much trouble to go to a salon for something that takes 5 minutes.

Would not go so far as to do a brazilian though.Is it essential?

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Jun-09 15:47:58

I wax my own with Boots strips. There was a series in the Times Saturdaythingy last year about things that you can have done at the salon but could do yourself, and bikini waxing came out as one that's much better to do at home.

CrushWithEyeliner Tue 09-Jun-09 16:37:35

ah veet strips eh? Do they work? - will look into that also blond TY x

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 16:49:33

you can;t self wax.

have you not heard of the lady that tried, then half the wax stayed on her fanjo, and then she got into the bath to try and wash it off, only it reacted with the bubbles in the water and made her fanjo stick like superglue to the bath......

she has less fanjo now!!

shaving is the only way

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Jun-09 17:09:54

Not in a crazy waxing way, you get the pre-coated wax strips. I'm not suggesting getting hot molten wax and throwing it around near your ladybits.

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 09-Jun-09 17:12:13

Veet strips are very good

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:12:27

no, I meant with the self waxing strips.

I tried also once, altho on my legs. the skin waxed off lovely...........shame the hairs stayed put<<oooooouch>>

SusieDerkins Tue 09-Jun-09 17:14:34

lol psychomum - that happened to me! Took all my tan off and left the hairs behind!

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:16:52

ah, now, I had no tan.....not quite so badwink!!

SusieDerkins Tue 09-Jun-09 17:17:54

I was gutted grin

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:19:13

so, did you have streaky legs after, as tho you had used fake tanwink

SusieDerkins Tue 09-Jun-09 17:21:05

Sort of. Red streaks from where I'd pulled the skin off with bits of healthy glowing tan in-between! Never again - I've gone back to my trusty razors!

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:35:31

do have I........waxing is like some sort of medieval torture IMO.

and waxing your bikini line in a proper beauty place, also a form of torture, as I found last year.

no-one warns you that altho you might be hairless, the bleeding fanjo will not be a good look in a bikini, so there is actually no point waxing. I still remember the pain, was worse than childbirth....seriously!

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Jun-09 17:38:10

Bleeding? How is it bleeding? They're only pulling hairs out.

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:40:45

yes, they did......the little holes left by the hairs tho, they ran with the blood!!!

and I wore loose trouser to the appointment, as I was told, but the only loose summer trousers not packed (we were going on holday that day), were white.

yes, white

<<sobs still at the memory>>

flame laughed her socks of at me!

CrushWithEyeliner Tue 09-Jun-09 17:40:55

It is painful alright but my lady uses a special drying wax that helps a lot so it is super cooling. I wish I had the cash this is all sounding a bit like hard work sad

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Jun-09 17:50:37

Well I can see why she would laugh at you grin

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:53:26

<<pathetic sob>>

<<you so mean to me>>

whooosh Tue 09-Jun-09 17:53:32

Veet foam with the pretend razor works but you will need to take a can with you on holiday to keep it "neat".

CrushWithEyeliner Tue 09-Jun-09 18:12:12

what is that?

psychomum5 Tue 09-Jun-09 18:13:16

but veet smells like cats piss.

I would not want my fanjo smelling like that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now