Talk

Advanced search

Why, when I try to blow-dry my own hair straight...?

(13 Posts)
BitOfFun Tue 09-Jun-09 12:09:07

...does it still look like this?

harleyd Tue 09-Jun-09 12:10:58

grin
good look bof

PlumBumMum Tue 09-Jun-09 12:16:05

Do you not want to look like that BOF?grin

Actually I did read somewhere about the watts of a hairdressers hairdrier has got something to do with it,(prob to make us go out and buy some new fandangled hair drier)

BitOfFun Tue 09-Jun-09 12:19:21

I think I should clarify at this point that any subliminal associations of Bush should be suppressed- I am talking about the hair on my head...

RamblingRosa Tue 09-Jun-09 12:40:38

ha ha! That's exactly what my hair looks like when I try to blow dry it too grin

I generally don't bother and tie it back. Sometimes I blow dry (until I've achieved the Kate Bush look) and then I attack it with straighteners.

BitOfFun Tue 09-Jun-09 12:42:19

The straighteners are coming out now! < sizzle, fry >

harleyd Tue 09-Jun-09 12:47:22

mine only looks like that if i dont blow dry it

lambanana Wed 10-Jun-09 19:04:11

Mine is the same - so much so that I don't even bother anymore and go for the wild natural look!

Why can the hairdressers make my hair go like silk and I can't - it's the same hair for fucks sake!

I have been using my straighteners to tame the frizz into maria-off-corrie like curls which is so much easier than getting into a blow drying sweat!

PerfectPrefect Wed 10-Jun-09 19:05:46

Make sure that you aim the hairdry DOWN the hair shaft

TheProvincialLady Wed 10-Jun-09 19:06:32

Do you use the same products as your hairdresser? I asked what mine used on me before blow drying and it was some sort of de-frizzing stuff, so I bought it and lo and behold my hair is not as horrific as it used to be!

lambanana Wed 10-Jun-09 19:18:28

Prefect I have tried that and I have tried angling my hands like the hairdressers do - to no avail. It's really thick and quite long so even in the hairdressers it takes a good 45mins/hour.

It's gorgeous when it's done and I get lots of compliments but too high maintenance for me.

Provincial Lady - they don't use any product on mine and I use the same shampoo and conditioner as they do - I am doomed to a life of wildness!

pippo Wed 10-Jun-09 19:25:40

my hairdresser said this happens because I do not hairdry for long enough.

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Jun-09 19:29:26

shaft <snigger>

<hugely immature emoticon>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now