Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a similar necklace?

(17 Posts)
MadamAnt Mon 08-Jun-09 21:42:59

I've got a large (fake) amber pendant in a (fake grin) silver setting. I love it, and would like to find some similar necklaces. There's a pic on my profile.

MadamAnt Mon 08-Jun-09 22:20:18

bump

lulalullabye Mon 08-Jun-09 22:31:42

Try a ethnic shop. As in one with patchouli and insence stick smell eminating from the door. There is usually a few around in every town. Or India(prob not much help).

dearprudence Mon 08-Jun-09 22:38:29

this one?
Or this one?

Or how about this one?

MadamAnt Tue 09-Jun-09 07:59:11

They are all lovely prudence, but I think they are genuine amber therefore a bit smaller and £££er than what I'm after. I'm looking for something quite big and smooth, rather than small and detailed iykwim. Don't even mind if it's not amber! Also, I'm looking for a "short" necklace...maybe not quite a choker, but not a long dangly one.

lula - I've been keeping my eyes peeled for ages, but can't seem to find anything in the shops. I originally got my necklace from an American trade seller on ebay, but he/she isn't registered anymore.

MadamAnt Tue 09-Jun-09 09:08:42

bump

MadamAnt Tue 09-Jun-09 19:09:36

one more bump!

morningpaper Tue 09-Jun-09 19:13:38

Have you tried looking around all the wimmin's clothes shops? I reckon a good browse will unearth some things you like...

morningpaper Tue 09-Jun-09 19:14:21

ebay might be good too e.g. here

MadamAnt Tue 09-Jun-09 19:29:13

That's a jolly good find MP, although it's still on the small side. I've been vaguely looking in shops for yonks now and haven't seen anything that matches my requirements.

What do you think about this one? I think I'm going to put in a sniper bid later on.

rosiejoy Tue 09-Jun-09 20:18:28

im sure the style of this on is quite what your looking for but they might have something else you like

MaryBS Tue 09-Jun-09 20:25:23

any use?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 10-Jun-09 10:08:42

Hennes have a fab range of fake amber jewellery at the moment.

ninedragons Wed 10-Jun-09 11:18:45

Etsy has zillions. I think this one is quite nice.

MadamAnt Wed 10-Jun-09 18:17:32

Oooh thanks for the tips! I LOVE that Etsy one.

What do you think of these pendants (not amber, but pleasingly big and chunky)?

ninedragons Thu 11-Jun-09 04:22:13

Honestly? They're not very distinctive. They look like the sort of thing you see in every hippie shop/market stall the world over.

Etsy's search engine is very good - if you type in chunky, or even "pleasingly chunky" or "chunky organic" it will come up with suggestions for you.

moonmother Thu 11-Jun-09 08:09:25

Going back to the Amber pendant..grin

I make jewellery, and found these Amber Beads on ebay

crafts.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUKQ5fCraftsQ5fBeadsQ5fCA?_nkw=amber&_sacat=14319&_trksid=m27 0&_odkw=&_osacat=14319

If any of them are suitable, I'd be willing to make it into a necklace for you,on either cord or chain etc, at your exact length, for next to nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now