Talk

Advanced search

Help me sort out my hair

(6 Posts)
Squitch Mon 08-Jun-09 21:31:39

Ive had long straight hair for ooo, about 34 years (thought I'd better knock off a couple for growing time) and I need a change. The thought of losing much length scares the bejesus out of me, but I think i need to do something.

I have thought about having a fringe? Is there some sort of hair faux pas that I definitely shouldnt do? I quite like this style but not sure if I would be 'mutton dressed as lamb'

www.hrbangs.com/hilary-duff-wispy-bangs.jpg

I dont own hair straighteners or even a hair dryer - will that style (if it suits) take oodles of work?

Please help I am a hair style virgin!

Tinker Mon 08-Jun-09 21:38:17

I think you'd need a hairdryer and straighteners for that. Certainly the latter at least. Just checked out you rpofile (sorry, wanted to see what your hair was like blush) and your hair looks like it has a natural wave. So, yes, would need a bit of work to look like your link

PS: Gorgeous little baby smile

BettyTurnip Mon 08-Jun-09 21:39:14

Looks nice but it would drive you mad as it would be in your eyes all the time (take it from one who knows wink.

cocolepew Mon 08-Jun-09 21:39:42

I think layers and a side fringe.

Squitch Mon 08-Jun-09 21:47:51

Thanks, hair hasnt got a natural wave, dont know what was going on in that photo

and thanks, she is gorgeous

oregonianabroad Mon 08-Jun-09 21:50:33

long layers and a bit of shape can give you a different look without losing too much on the length. Book an appointment with a hairdresser for a consultation first before doing anything major.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now