Talk

Advanced search

Please help with 60s or 70s outfit!!

(6 Posts)
mogs0 Mon 08-Jun-09 18:42:53

I'm going to a fancy dress wedding in under 3 weeks and still haven't got anything to wear!!!

I really don't want a fancy dress costume but would like to find some vintage items or new retro-looking pieces.

I'm still not 100% sure what I'm looking for.

I'm size 18 and definitely don't want a mini-skirt/dress.

I'd also like ideas for haircuts and make-up.

Does anyone know of a website where I could find photos of people in 60s/70s get-up?

Please help me before I end up buying an ebay costume!!!

Clure Mon 08-Jun-09 18:55:35

[[http://www.rokit.co.uk/ here?]

mogs0 Mon 08-Jun-09 19:02:18

Thanks, I've had a quick look at that site already. I have a dress quite similar to this which I've worn with straight leg trousers, would this pass as 60's or 70's and what shoes?

missblythe Mon 08-Jun-09 21:44:44

What about a maxi dress and flip-flops?
Would be very flower child, 70s-ish, but can get them in most high street stores, so you'd have lots of choice and could get one that really suits you.

dearprudence Mon 08-Jun-09 22:43:58

The dress you linked to would be 60s style. Wear with white trousers with a bit of a flare. Hair could be backcombed at the crown, with a thick alice band. Wear heavy eye make up and pale lips.

I'd be tempted to go for the 70s look myself - a bit more flattering. I'd be looking for a cheesecloth type dress - tightish on bodice with flared skirt. Wear with a floppy hat with a scarf around it and wedge shoes (ideally with a cork or straw effect heel).

mogs0 Tue 09-Jun-09 19:53:14

Well............ I went into town today and bought a maxi-dress. I'm not overly keen on wearing a dress and am hoping that I can find someone to shorten it to a tunic style top so I can wear it with my white trousers.

I'm going to have my hair cut into a shorter bob and maybe cut my fringe back in then use some of the material from the dress alterations to use as an hair band.

Thanks for the help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now