Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your suits?

(5 Posts)
PolkSaladLucie Mon 08-Jun-09 18:34:40

I need to get a suit that I can wear to a wedding, and my daughter's baptism, and also for post maternity leave job interviews.

I don't want to go for black (so probably navy or brown, maybe grey...) and I'd like a skirt suit, as I like my legs. I saw one when I was pregnant where the skirt was pencil to the knee but with a flippy bit at the back so it looked a bit less formal. Didn't want to buy it and risk getting the wrong size.

I suppose my budget is about £150-200, but obviously, I'd rather spend less if I can wink.

Thanks!

Feelingoptimistic Mon 08-Jun-09 22:37:51

Hi Lucie
I know you say you want a suit, but suits can be pretty boring, particularly for a wedding and a baptism... Why not get a nice dress and a jacket that goes with the dress?

If you can wait another week or so, the sales should start, and you could get something really lovely from Whistles or Jigsaw.

bunnymother Tue 09-Jun-09 06:37:03

For your job interview suits, I would recommend looking at Banana Republic.

RamblingRosa Tue 09-Jun-09 08:41:03

I hate suits but I have one from Zara which does the trick for interviews. I wouldn't wear it to a wedding though. I think weddings are a good opportunity to wear colours. Navy, brown or grey is just too boring for a wedding IMO.

I agree it'd be worth holding off for sales if you can wait.

PolkSaladLucie Tue 09-Jun-09 19:07:32

Yeah - I get what you mean about suits being boring for weddings/baptisms, but i can only afford to get one outfit that will do for all, so I thought if I get a classic skirt suit, I can jazz it up with a bright top, shoes, scarf and jewelery etc.

I'll definatly wait for the sales, hadn't realised that they were so soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now