Talk

Advanced search

Girl's hair

(10 Posts)
LIZS Mon 08-Jun-09 16:42:52

dd now has fine hair which is pretty much all one length . Would look great in a french plait but I can't seem to get the knack, it is too loose and becomes untidy ! Any tips please

cocolepew Mon 08-Jun-09 16:46:32

[lurks]

sassy Mon 08-Jun-09 16:49:01

2 french plaits is the answer - split the hair (like forbunches) then plait each side separately. Works a treat - and stays in all day with my fine-haired dd. Even on PE days!

MaggieBee Mon 08-Jun-09 16:50:48

I used to french plait my own hair. fiddly but not impossible. It needs to be past the shoulders. Gather the top section like you're going to do a top pony tail and divide into 3 sections. Still holding tightly onto the other two sections, add a bit of hair to the section on the right and then make that section of hair the middle section, the middle section now being the right section. Then kind of groom it so that it's smooth. Repeat on the left, add a bit of hair to the section of hair on the left and then make that section the middle section.

it's fiddly but easy. You just need to be able to hold (and keep separate) two sections of hair in your right hand, then left, and so on.

cocolepew Mon 08-Jun-09 16:51:42

[cries]

sassy Mon 08-Jun-09 16:53:50

Ok cocolepew...guessing the french plait itself is what is defeating you.

How about a triple ponytail?

Top section into a ponytail, another one about halfway down and a third at th nape of the neck. Sorta clamps the hair to head IYKWIM?

cocolepew Mon 08-Jun-09 17:20:10

I'll try, but I can't promise anything [sausage fingers].

princessmel Mon 08-Jun-09 18:39:41

A little girl we see on the school run has a triple ponytail. Does look neat and tidy.

KathyBrown Mon 08-Jun-09 18:48:55

There are you tube video's demonstrating french plaits.

Hulababy Mon 08-Jun-09 19:05:33

DD has really fine hair and french plaits are a nightmare to try and put in and they don't stay in. have had a few people try inc hairdresser and they just don't work for DD.

DD has two normal plaits instead which seem to work far better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now