Talk

Advanced search

anyone used: Guerlain météorites Base Perfecting Pearls or guerlain gold L'or make up base

(17 Posts)
shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:04:29

Both look like primers prior to applying make up and look to make your skin flawless...

any feedback..?

I currently use their météorites compact powder and love it and wondered what their other range off make up is like...

TIA X

expatinscotland Mon 08-Jun-09 16:12:45

I used to use the meteorites back in teh days when I had disposable income and they were FAB.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:14:56

but did you use the powder or the ones listed above..?

I love the powder and as its a refil I find it the same price as any compact iykwim....Just fancy the others which looking at them are primers and wondered the difference..?

this v's this

expatinscotland Mon 08-Jun-09 16:16:22

I used the ball thingies, the ones in the second link you posted. But they used to come in a powder box sort of thingy. Worked just the same, though.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:30:06

expat, the balls are different to the ones in my link...

the balls are the same as the refil compact I use and are a powder..

from what I can see, the ones n the link come out as a cream iykwim and the particles "melt" and disappear into your skin..I think they appear to be a base..?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:30:57

think this is what you used....??

expatinscotland Mon 08-Jun-09 16:31:31

yes, i'm seeing that now, too, shhh. it was the balls i used.

this one.

sorry, haven't tried those other ones.

bump

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:37:50

snap! I use them now but in the compact here.

Love the smell..! I have a nightmare each time I run out as only debenhams at TC stock them and the sales girls never seems to be there..hmm. Case of "it not my dept so I can't serve you" hmm.

So tempted to get a compact from another brand but the smell keeps me returning grin.

Hopefully someone will be along who has used the other stuff..smile.

Thanks so far though x

expatinscotland Mon 08-Jun-09 16:38:51

Oh, the smell is absolutely gorgeous! Don't give up on them.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:42:13

I won't. I keep telling myself to buy a few each time I run out but when the time comes I think "oh..£30 is enough to spend this month" iykwim...

Smell reminds me of being a kid.smile. Parma voilets. always had a liking for them grin

shhhh Tue 09-Jun-09 20:01:39

EXPAT! I gave in and treated myself to some today..I went for météorites Base Perfecting Pearls as apparently the difference between the 2 are (météorites) is for dry skin and the gold l'or one is for normal skin.

She advised me that as I already use the powder they will work well with each other. Ideal as a base to foundation to use when skin feels dry or even daily and will sort out imperfections.

So...............I will be back with a decision/result.possibly tomorrow grin Although.........tempted to try it tonight grin. Glammed up for Holby city eh..!

expatinscotland Wed 10-Jun-09 17:13:40

Ooo, so how'd it go? Is it a great product? I'm playing the Lotto tonight .

shhhh Wed 10-Jun-09 19:15:55

Ah bless with the lotto grin.

well........I used it and its lovely.

Smells like the merorites products (parma violets) and although not many imperfections to sort it made my skin lovely and soft smile.

Not sure if it improves even more with use...but happy with it so far.

If only for the smell grin.

Treat yourself wink

expatinscotland Wed 10-Jun-09 21:21:48

Oh, that sounds gorgeous!

shhhh Wed 10-Jun-09 21:37:19

yes, they are. The cream is very oily and I thought my face would be like I had put it into a chip pan blush BUT my skin soaked it up and felt really good. Guess, maybe thats the aim.

expatinscotland Wed 10-Jun-09 22:00:52

oh, i have combination skin, bet it wouldn't sink in on me!

shhhh Wed 10-Jun-09 22:04:16

See if they have any free samples at Guerlain..? The lady on our counter is lovely and is forever passing free samples onto me (hmm...must think I need them..hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now