Talk

Advanced search

shoes and accesories to wear with this dress

(14 Posts)
halia Mon 08-Jun-09 14:26:38

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/MONSOON-TAZMIN-RED-SILK-SATIN-DRESS-UK-22-EUR-50-BNWT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ 360153246305

(scroll down for pictures - I bought it in my size in sale last summer)

Its for my brothers formal wedding in July - I have a VERY tight budget and ideally don't want to spend more than another £50. Anything i buy must be capable of being worn again.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 14:50:46

I would opt for black bag&shoes. Ideal for wearing with other outfits.

Depends on what shoe you are comfy in..? wedge/heels/flats..?

also same with bags, do you want biggish/small/clutch etc

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 14:51:18

btw, think this is your link hth x

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 14:51:24

btw, think this is your link hth x

halia Mon 08-Jun-09 14:56:48

wouldn't black be a bit depressing/wintery for a summer wedding?

(thanks for sorting out link btw grin )

halia Mon 08-Jun-09 14:58:56

oh and I want heels - wedges are OK too. Rounded toe - hate spikey toes!

bag - shoulder bag for preference, decent size would help as I will have DS (4) there and need to carry HIS stuff too!

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:01:08

well, apparently black is the colour for summer weddings..!

Im sorting a wedding outfit for a june wedding and have opted for cream BUT 2 people have suggested black to me, saying its the colour for weddings atm!

In fact <will whisper this> is last weeks's OK! magazine one of the corrie stars got married and quite a few girls wore black.

I think black is very classy with red but maybe cream..?

Some may say Red is a winter colour...individual choice really.

If its a true red what about white..?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:04:03

what style do you like..? these are v comfy on, ideal for wearing when you have lo's to run after (in the same situation myself) and also come in cream...or do you want more of a heel..?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:04:58

these..?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:06:07

these..?

halia Mon 08-Jun-09 15:08:24

Its raspberry so I can't match it to a red and I don't think cream would work.
I was wondering about silver or gold?

but in black/white i like "these
www.asos.com/Agyness-Deyn/Asos/Asos-Tie-Front-Cup-Back-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=483213&cid=6461 &sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=3&clr=Black%2fWhite"

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:09:39

these..?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:12:42

yea, those are lovely but..............how the feck will you walk in them with a lo..? shock.

I long for the days when I can look as elegant as posh spice with the dk's in tow hmm. These days I live in flip flops!

Hmm......raspberry...not sure about gold or silver but still think cream would be nice.?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 15:21:14

Ds is up from his nap so im buzzing off...but I will have a think more about a colour to match and will be back.

Just to check, your budget is £50 for shoes and bag.?

Dune have some nice shoes but think they will be well over your budget..

still think cream is a better colour to mix it with..its hard to match the shoes/dress unless have them to hand and even then its not the easiest of task!

someone may be along to help more...smile.

will be back !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now