Talk

Advanced search

Do Converse look okay with skinny/straight leg jeans?

(9 Posts)
TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 08-Jun-09 12:17:40

I only ever wear mine with my flared jeans/boyfriend fit and usually wear ballet pumps with my skinnies. However, I am off to see Take That tonight and do not want to get cold feet (am sooo middle aged!!) so am wondering if I can do converse with them instead?

(I do appreciate that what I wear is kind of irrelevant as all eyes will be on stage rather than my footwear.....however, am desperately trying to avoid middle aged mum look )

SofaQueen Mon 08-Jun-09 12:20:26

Absolutely! Very popular look with the Parisian mums of my acquaintance.

giantkatestacks Mon 08-Jun-09 12:28:04

Yes of course...better with the slightly shorter jeans but you can get this effect by turning them up a little bit...they look worse with boyf fit imo - at least mine do...

lumpsdumps Mon 08-Jun-09 12:28:54

I went on Friday night and all I'm going to say is it was bloody amazing, wish I was going again, dress warm though, we were freezing after standing around until 6.45 for the first act to start!

princessmel Mon 08-Jun-09 12:29:28

Yes

But in my expeience you wont get cold feet in a concert. I wore flip flops to see Girls Aloud as I was worried my feet would get too hot!

lumpsdumps Mon 08-Jun-09 12:31:02

We wore ballet pumps and my feet were bloody freezing, wear the converse, I wish I had!

Goober Mon 08-Jun-09 12:31:31

Yes, unless you have huge feet, then they look like clown shoes.

giantkatestacks Mon 08-Jun-09 12:33:36

True that Goober grin

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 08-Jun-09 12:55:05

Thanks ladies. Am just about to leave to catch my train and popped in for final verdict Am wearing my converse but am wearing nice loose top to balance it all out as was feeling a little "golf club" like wearing a skinny fit top too!

lumpsdumps - glad to hear it was fab......my mate and I intend to get to the arena after support act cos not really bothered about seeing The Saturdays, tbh!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now