Talk

Advanced search

Why can't I wear bangles?

(13 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Sun 07-Jun-09 16:52:03

They look so stylish on other people, but I look (and feel) as if I am in some kind of (bad) fancy dress. They also get in the way when writing and typing. If I do succomb and wear them I always end up taking them off again.

Has anyone else overcome this problem?

BitOfFun Sun 07-Jun-09 16:55:49

I love bangles, I wear them all the time. I just take them off if I'm going to something repetitive with my hand where the jangling could be off-putting wink

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sun 07-Jun-09 17:09:39

Message withdrawn

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Sun 07-Jun-09 17:10:03

Message withdrawn

fishie Sun 07-Jun-09 17:12:14

i can't get my hand into them.

MrsSeanBean Sun 07-Jun-09 17:16:57

Has anyone tried the 'straw like material' (clearly unsure of technical term) kind? I wondered if they might be less jangly and annoying? I saw some multi coloured ones on a page in Vogue this month n- in a feature of items 'to wear to look good at any age'...

southeastastra Sun 07-Jun-09 17:37:17

i know what you mean, i keep buying the chunky monsoon ones. i can't help myself as the look so nice.

only really like wearing small bracelet type ones.

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Jun-09 17:45:00

I've got a few big thick bracelets (more than an inch across) but no thin jangly wear-lots-together bangles. I think I want some though. My problem is remembering to put stuf on, I can always do earring but other jewellery doesn't always occur to me.

cocolepew Sun 07-Jun-09 17:51:46

I like to jangle but only in public, I take them off in the house.

ThePhantomPlopper Sun 07-Jun-09 21:01:39

I love bangles, when I go to India I buy a box of about 300 in all different colours for about a £1. I'm addicted.

I don't wear them around the house though, they annoy me when I'm trying to do stuff, just wear them out.

shhhh Sun 07-Jun-09 23:08:23

bangles never look right on me either..Think I have small arms (not noticable iykwim) but for some reason when I attempt to wear bangles my arms feel/look about 2" long sad...grin.

janeite Sun 07-Jun-09 23:10:50

I love skinny bangles - but I have tiny hands and skinny wrists and most of them are far too big. M&S had some a while back that came in s/m or m/l which were great for me. And if you wear a leather cuff or something with them, they don't slide around so much!

whoopsididitagain Sun 07-Jun-09 23:15:48

lol im a hairdresser my colleagues always whing i rattle like a bag lady apparently as i wear at least ten indian style bangles at a time none of my clients have ever complained lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now