Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend a good clarins moisturiser

(11 Posts)
wonderif Sun 07-Jun-09 13:07:46

hi looking for the above for mum for her birthday.

she is 48 has good skin doesnt wear make up , and want a nice moisturiser that feel s lovely on skin,

she said she tried a sample but was unsure of what type of clarins it was.

any recommendations greatly received !

ihatethecold Sun 07-Jun-09 14:44:22

ask them at the counter. as the ones they have are for differing types of skin. your mum is very lucky smile

hester Sun 07-Jun-09 14:46:41

They're all good! It's about which one suits your mum's skintype - do you have any idea what that is?

At 48, odds are her skin is getting a little drier.

CoffeeCrazedMama Sun 07-Jun-09 16:11:25

It was probably the Extra Firming Day cream, in the peach-coloured packaging. I use it (46) and am very happy with it.

MrsSeanBean Sun 07-Jun-09 16:49:57

The multi active day cream is a pretty good all-rounder.

EachPeachPearMum Sun 07-Jun-09 16:57:25

energising morning cream is lovely.

twopeople Sun 07-Jun-09 17:04:48

Message withdrawn

wonderif Sun 07-Jun-09 22:39:08

thanks yeh her skin would be bit dryer than normal, i will ask at desk.

thanks

shhhh Sun 07-Jun-09 22:56:16

I use hydraquence lotion with spf15.

Its comes in a blue pump action bottle. Im only 30 so younger skin BUT I tend to get dry and tight skin so need moisturiser..I find it lovely to apply and not greasy. Only need a little dot of it and it last ages.

Good price as well at around £30 (50 ml)

Ewe Sun 07-Jun-09 23:03:32

It would probably be extra-firming or super restorative. Super restorative is specifically formulated for post-menopausal skin and it is really lovely, quite pricey however!

Extra firming the recommend from about 30yrs + and they do an all skin types version or a very dry skin option. They do have full ranges as well (so day cream, night cream, serum, eye cream, eye mask etc) and sometimes will do an offer where you buy 1 or 2 skincare products and get a free gift pack so check both department stores and any local stockists to get the best deal as they have different deals at different times for independent salons and dept stores.

wonderif Mon 08-Jun-09 08:29:59

ewe thats great thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now