Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear this dress to a summer wedding?

(12 Posts)
EverybodyNeedsABosomForAPillow Sat 06-Jun-09 19:34:55

Would you wear this dress to a summer wedding? And if so, what colour/style shoes would you wear with it? Thanks for any ideas.

ThePhantomPlopper Sat 06-Jun-09 19:37:00

What kind of wedding is it? It looks a bit like beachwear to me TBH.

EverybodyNeedsABosomForAPillow Sat 06-Jun-09 19:45:00

It's a church and then reception in a fancy hotel. I think it looks a bit less casual in real life and maybe I could smarten it up with shoes. [hopeful emoticon]

kylesmyloveheart Sat 06-Jun-09 20:07:33

it looks lovely especially if you have a tan. great for a wedding.

MaryBS Sat 06-Jun-09 20:11:16

Maybe dress it up with a lightweight crop jacket?

KSal Sat 06-Jun-09 20:22:16

yes... perhaps with something like this?

WhoDidThat Sat 06-Jun-09 20:51:51

I think it's beautiful - it will look dressy when you have added strappy shoes, matching bag, maybe something in your hair? even a pashmina or silky wrap of some sort? I would go for all in navy blue.

paddington21 Sat 06-Jun-09 21:05:38

I love that.I agree totally with whodidthat on the navyblue front. Those shoes suggested by ksal with matching bag. and.. navy cropped jacket cardie/ pash?

EverybodyNeedsABosomForAPillow Sun 07-Jun-09 09:35:40

Thanks eveyone. I love those strappy shoes but they might be a bit high for me. Am better with wedges. I was thinking of picking out the turquoise/bright blue for cardie and hair thing, hadn't thought of navy. Will buy the dress and then try out your suggestions!

thumbwitch Sun 07-Jun-09 09:38:21

for summer I think picking out the lighter blue/turquoise would be better than navy - but there are the shoes to consider. Unless bright coloured patents are still in vogue? [hopelessly unfashion-conscious emoticon]grin

Clure Sun 07-Jun-09 15:31:08

cardi like this though bit expensive
in jade colour - bit cheaper
nice

blue wedges

traceybath Sun 07-Jun-09 15:34:52

I ordered that but returned it as it didn't suit me.

But it is very casual in the flesh and agree slightly more like beachware.

It would be ok for a casual wedding but not sure if the wedding is going to be a smart affair.

Order it though just for everyday . . .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now