Talk

Advanced search

Flattering dress shocker - accessories needed!

(6 Posts)
NorkyButNice Sat 06-Jun-09 14:43:16

I've just found the most flattering dress I've come across in a long time here at Oasis - it hugs the body in all the right places and I'll hopefully get lots of use out of it over summer.

Anyway - I've no idea what accessories would work with it - it's a jersey material so I don't think high heels are right - would gladiators or ballet flats be OK? And what colour?

Also - is a necklace a no-go with a cowl neck?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 06-Jun-09 18:08:39

Lovely dress

I would wear fab earrings and bangle but not a necklace with that dress. IMO, it would spoil the neckline and look too fussy.

Gladiator sandals and ballet flats in pewter, silver or even black would work.

I think you could wear high heels but go for something very simple. Anything fussy would look too much.

I also think you could wear a belt with it too, if you wanted.

TheProfiteroleThief Sat 06-Jun-09 18:24:08

Oh def dressy enough for heels - agree black silver or pewter but agree no necklace and only small earrings but a chunky cuff

KristinaM Sat 06-Jun-09 18:56:57

lovely colour. i see its a big knickers dress though grin

NorkyButNice Sat 06-Jun-09 19:59:09

Ooh delayed response - I thought I'd committed a fashion faux pas and everyone was being too polite to comment!

Yes seamless buttock covering knickers definitely required, VPL would be oh so easy in this frock.

I've not actually got any gladiator sandals - are they still "in" for this season then? I'm 5'10 so am lucky enough to be able to avoid heels wherever possible as I can't walk in them!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 06-Jun-09 20:20:09

Gladiators are still in this season but you could easily go for some lovely strappy flat sandals too if you would rather (have great dislike of gladiators on my feet - its the cankle situation!).

Your dress would also look fab with opaques and ankle boots in the autumn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now