Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

shoes and bag thing - they don't have to match anymore do they?

(11 Posts)
Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 17:00:14

I have these shoes and this bag

to wera with a stone coloured jacket and various other trousers, dresses etc.

will they go OK together? I need a smartish biggish bag and I bought this one today thinking that my choes were a two tone of taupe and brown but they're not!

Please advise oh wise ones - I do not have a clue - still in my jeans and Birkies [hrin]

Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 17:01:45

or grin even

blush

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:03:10

I'm sory I don't really like either. they are just on the cusp of looking a bit <shh> square unless what you are wearing with them is really fashionable.

I think you could have gone for a much more modern shape with the bag. Sorry and all that.

BUT you are right, shoes and bag don't have to match.

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:05:58

i know this has been linked to before on S and B but why not make a statement with your bag.

Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 17:17:23

sorry - should have said - not really trying to make a statement. These are for my "smart" outfits to accompany my Mum on official engagements(she is a local politician).

I already have the shoes - and they are quite comfy - so they are a permanent fixture but I could take the bag back. I need a biggish bag to keep my Mum's stuff but it needs to be fairly low key so I don't take any attention away from her!

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:21:41

Ohh okay. <different light>

Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 20:53:09

any other comments?!

(don't mind negative - honest smile)

MaggieBee Sat 06-Jun-09 13:24:08

Bag and shoes should never match exactly. I believe. NOt a socialite! I think they should work together. But not be the same. Obviously they can't be 'the same' one being a bag and one being a pair of shoes.

I love the shoes. THe bag is minging.

burningupinspeed Sat 06-Jun-09 13:30:21

I like the shoes. The bag looks a bit cheap. Sorry.

Tommy Sat 06-Jun-09 17:52:30

thanks for your honesty smile

I used to have a Saturday job in a shoe shop and we did sell shoes and bags that matched - a very long time ago (circa 1981 grin)

actually it's not actually that bag I've got but one similar. I'm not convinced by the bag TBH anyway. Will have to have a long hard look at myself in the miror with all the clobber on

princessmel Sat 06-Jun-09 18:00:40

Love that DP bag.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: