Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

shoes and bag thing - they don't have to match anymore do they?

(11 Posts)
Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 17:00:14

I have these shoes and this bag

to wera with a stone coloured jacket and various other trousers, dresses etc.

will they go OK together? I need a smartish biggish bag and I bought this one today thinking that my choes were a two tone of taupe and brown but they're not!

Please advise oh wise ones - I do not have a clue - still in my jeans and Birkies [hrin]

Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 17:01:45

or grin even

blush

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:03:10

I'm sory I don't really like either. they are just on the cusp of looking a bit <shh> square unless what you are wearing with them is really fashionable.

I think you could have gone for a much more modern shape with the bag. Sorry and all that.

BUT you are right, shoes and bag don't have to match.

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:05:58

i know this has been linked to before on S and B but why not make a statement with your bag.

Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 17:17:23

sorry - should have said - not really trying to make a statement. These are for my "smart" outfits to accompany my Mum on official engagements(she is a local politician).

I already have the shoes - and they are quite comfy - so they are a permanent fixture but I could take the bag back. I need a biggish bag to keep my Mum's stuff but it needs to be fairly low key so I don't take any attention away from her!

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:21:41

Ohh okay. <different light>

Tommy Fri 05-Jun-09 20:53:09

any other comments?!

(don't mind negative - honest smile)

MaggieBee Sat 06-Jun-09 13:24:08

Bag and shoes should never match exactly. I believe. NOt a socialite! I think they should work together. But not be the same. Obviously they can't be 'the same' one being a bag and one being a pair of shoes.

I love the shoes. THe bag is minging.

burningupinspeed Sat 06-Jun-09 13:30:21

I like the shoes. The bag looks a bit cheap. Sorry.

Tommy Sat 06-Jun-09 17:52:30

thanks for your honesty smile

I used to have a Saturday job in a shoe shop and we did sell shoes and bags that matched - a very long time ago (circa 1981 grin)

actually it's not actually that bag I've got but one similar. I'm not convinced by the bag TBH anyway. Will have to have a long hard look at myself in the miror with all the clobber on

princessmel Sat 06-Jun-09 18:00:40

Love that DP bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now