Talk

Advanced search

Nail Help Needed

(11 Posts)
aitchjay66 Fri 05-Jun-09 12:12:27

Hello. I'm a newbie to MumsNet so please be nice to me. (You all seem very nice already)

I am looking for some advice on nails. Mine are weak and prone to breaking. Can anyone recommend a nail product that actually works and will make my nails look nicer. I would really love nice nails and am willing to invest in them so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CMOTdibbler Fri 05-Jun-09 12:17:44

Depends on how much you are willing to spend smile

My friend swears by Nail Envy - about 16 quid a bottle to grow her nails and keep them strong.

My colleague and I are currently in love with BioSculpture gel overlays though. NailsInc sell it as their 'three week manicure' and it really is. They paint on a thin layer of gel, set it with UV light, and then it stays put until it is soaked off with acetone. You can have colours or french. It stops your nails breaking or splitting, and doesn't damage them. Costs around 35 a time including all the manicure

mollyroger Fri 05-Jun-09 12:20:24

tbh i have been using superdruh nail hrdener and that is doing the trick.
But you might also need to look at your diet. foods with calcium and zinc are obviously good for nails.
eggs,
fish, (oily, like salmon)
nuts,
seeds,
fruit and vge
whole grains
(cucumbers, apples, grapes)
all very good for nails and hair

mollyroger Fri 05-Jun-09 12:21:13

CMOD _ I have just returned form having those done this morning
I am a life-long nail biter. These look beautiful!

CMOTdibbler Fri 05-Jun-09 12:31:33

Are they not gorgeous ? I have never been able to keep a french manicure on for more than 2 days with nail varnish, and my 3week ones do actually last that long.

My colleague is sporting a dark red gel, as she always chips dark varnish the same day

aitchjay66 Fri 05-Jun-09 13:12:31

Thanks everyone. I like the sound of the BioSculpture nails. How long does it take to have them put on and what happens to the nails after three weeks?

mollyroger Fri 05-Jun-09 13:15:59

i can't stop looking at them and admiring them

Have to have them filled in a fortnight. Ulp, more £££

I am hoping this will give my real nails a chance to grow nd recover.

they took about an hour and a half but we were chatting lots

CMOTdibbler Fri 05-Jun-09 17:17:32

It took an hour to have my french ones done. NailsInc like to soak them off every time, but if your nails grow fast you can infill them in between

fin42 Fri 05-Jun-09 22:24:13

My job does not allow me to wear nail varnish or false nails, but for the last year and half I have been using a nail buffer. The first one was from Browns at Chester and came with a lot of other stuff and cost around £24 but I bought a replacement of the buffer from E-bay for much less. I buff my nails with the 3 step process every 3-4 weeks and they come up to a lovely shine and have been much stronger since I've been using it.

gnatbite Fri 05-Jun-09 22:27:59

I really like those nail buffers too - managed to get them 4 for £1 in poundland after being offered similar to fin42 for £29.99!

fin42 Fri 05-Jun-09 22:32:25

Will definitely look in Poundland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now