Talk

Advanced search

If I show you my favourite RL dress (and some others I'm considering)

(111 Posts)
TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:02:27

If I show you a pic of my favourite RL dress will you help me find others I might like? There are none in the shops that I could see when I went ot look, but I know you lot are expert internet-finders! grin

Pic is on profile. Jersey material, the V neck is quite low, it's just above the knee.

I've been looking on ebay and seen

this one but it's a bit dark

and this one

and this one

but they're all 3/4 sleeves rather than v short sleeves.

What do you think?

KristinaM Fri 05-Jun-09 11:04:49

I'm afraid i can only see a sparrow [confused]

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:07:15

Sorry it should be there now - had two windows open and thought it would be uploaded by the time I finished writing!

(it's a baby starling apparently according to MN bird-watching people )

TheDevilWearsPenneys Fri 05-Jun-09 11:08:52

here

There are a fair few in that style, have a trawl.

midnightexpress Fri 05-Jun-09 11:10:44

You need DVF.

But it all depends on your budget.

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 11:19:40

wallis do pretty dresses in that style, or similar, have you looked at their website??

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:21:22

I hadn't thought of La Redoute - aren't they a bit, well mumsy? With nork-concealing necklines and calf-length skirts?

Link to DVF comes up black, am trying just dvf.com but the website is being v slow - I get the feelnig that it's going to be horribly expensive... Maybe I need to look in the '70% off sale' area wink

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 11:23:29

here is some of their dresses

listenglisten Fri 05-Jun-09 11:25:41

My first thought reading your op was that a below-the-knee v-neck is indeed very low!

Sorry, that's not much help

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:27:44

grin Yes that woul dbe very low indeed!

Anyway, tis above the knee that I need.

Wallis is more in my price range unfortunately, DVF had some beautiful things though. I am checking their sale section just in case... [hopeful]

Clure Fri 05-Jun-09 11:28:38

black n white
grey

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:32:34

I really love the pattern on this top, shame it isn't a dress.

The nicest Wallis dresses seem to be in the petite range (as is your first dress Clure) and unfortnately I am 5'7.

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:37:50

This looks nice, if a little boring I'm hoping to find colours!

what do you think of this? Too girly girly?

Good suggestion DWP!

(sigh, wish I could buy the DVF ones, but they're all £100 at least even on 70% off and I'm hoping I can find something decent for less than that)

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Fri 05-Jun-09 11:42:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Fri 05-Jun-09 11:44:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 11:45:44

what is your budget then??

and

what do you HATE (ie, colour-wise).....might help us narrow down the PERFECT dress without making you sob into your cup of tea due to someone finding the most astounding dress and it being gazzillion pounds.....

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:52:49

Yep, I know I should have put budget down cos MN is very heterogeneous in its willingness and ability to spend lots of dosh on dresses. So ideally under £50?

Didn't like the dark grey Clure linked to, too dark and, well, grey. Don't like coral, peachy colours. Do like bright jewel colours, purples and reds and turquoises. I wear too much black and denim. Would prefer bright colours than pastels but I'm open to ideas. Um, big patterns are bettwe than small delicate patterns.

I have a waist and I would prefer it if the dress reflected that (so not smocky type 'could be pregnant underneath' dresses).

That white company dress Ruby linked to might be very nice, but it's hard to tell - I want a picture of someone standing up in it!

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 11:56:11

there see, not too hard to find now

<<fingers crossedwink>>

I do love how willing MNers are to spend other peoples money tho

I should be doing a dress thread too actually. DH and I have been asked to be godparents, so obviously need dressing up for the christening in July, plus the girls need pretty outfits too (which they are THRILLED about, rather too thrilled in facthmm.......something to do with mummy spending lots of moneywink).

I have dresses.....none fit properly<<sigh>>

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 11:59:05

If your dresses are too big for you I can find a home for them (I have it in my head that you are teeny-weeny, can't remember why though)

What do you think of the two I linked to at 11.37? I need other people's opinions as well as suggestions!

I love MN, you are all so helpful and willing to show me stuff and intorduce me to shops I wouldn't have thought of

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 11:59:16

this is quite pretty

plus at that price, you could buy more dresseswink

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 12:02:51

I saw that one in the shops, not sure why I didn't pick it up. The sleeves looked a bit odd but they're probably nice on a person rather than a hanger. Looks like a good colour you could wear it with a tan in the summer and with black tights in the winter.

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 12:03:28

I like the first, altho like you say, would be nice is it were a brighter colour.

and the second is not what I am picturing for you TBH, altho that sounds mad as I only know your online self!

my dresses are all too big at the moment. yes I am teeny (well, have put on a couple pounds last week on hols so am back into sz 8...my sz 6 jeans are too small now), but most of mine are pretty plain and boring. only just getting into finding the brighter colours that suit me!

psychomum5 Fri 05-Jun-09 12:04:35

do you tan??

I don;t. am freckly and pale of skin<<wail>>

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 12:08:55

Yep, I am a tanner. My mum is even darker, people often ask her if she has Spanish or Italian ancestry (not as far as we know).

If you have any size 10 things you want to get rid of... [hopeful]

If anyone has a free delivery code for DP I will order that dress - I got bored of looking at the sale rails in town and don't think they have one of those in my size anyway.

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 12:10:24

You know you could see what I look like if you wanted psycho...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now