Talk

Advanced search

which high street gradual tanner will work for me?

(9 Posts)
mad4myboys Fri 05-Jun-09 10:06:17

i have pale skin and last year tried a moisterisor with gradual tanner, i think maybe dove, and still went funny colour! blotchy too. so are there any better ones this year? not a fake tan, gradual tanner...?

mad4myboys Fri 05-Jun-09 13:21:36

bump

jojosmaman Fri 05-Jun-09 13:32:56

I use St trop gradual tan moisturising cream and its been fine for me and I'm pale too! Having said that I can also use Dove no probs

sinpan Fri 05-Jun-09 13:34:50

I use L'Oreal, i find it much better than Dove. I think it's called Nutrisummer, costs about £8

hobbgoblin Fri 05-Jun-09 13:35:16

St Tropez if pale. It's too light for me but I have dark colouring. I find Johnson's an odd colour and too greasy. Dove works for me, as does Maybelline and I get lots of positive comments from people not believing I fake it!

TheOddOne Fri 05-Jun-09 13:38:53

Irrelevant i know but i am tired and i read your title as 'High School Graduate Tenner' - i was really confused - you don't get many A level students with such deep voices grin.

LuLuBai Fri 05-Jun-09 13:49:49

Exfoliate your skin really well first and start with a tanner designed for fair skin. Try the Johnson's holiday skin (the fair skin version)- only 2.44 at Boots when I bought a bottle a couple of days ago.

stripeypineapple Fri 05-Jun-09 13:53:52

I like Garnier summer body. Cheap and cheerful and not too orangey and fake and is quite gradual so you don't suddenly wake up the next day and look like David Dickenson.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 05-Jun-09 14:39:48

I am pale too and have always found Johnsons and Dove to either not make a difference (using the fair to normal skin tone) or patchy & streaky (using the one for darker skin).

I splashed out on St Tropez Every Day and absolutely love the results. Its a lovely natural glow and isn't remotely patchy. Someone yesterday suggested using for 2 days and then miss a day to keep it natural. Also suggested shaving legs/exfoliating in the morning and then apply St Trop in the evening.

The St Trop has a nice fragrance too and doesn't leave you smelling like a biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now