Talk

Advanced search

Have a John Lewis Personal Shopper Consultation in the morning....

(12 Posts)
Piglett Thu 04-Jun-09 21:03:54

What should I expect? What do I ask? i need some style advice and a new wardrobe to get me out of the work suit v jeans and t-shirt but nothing in between look. I am 5'2 broad and big busted with the rest of me being a 10-12.
The challenge is for you clever stylists to dress me and let's see how it compares to the woman from JL...

Heated Thu 04-Jun-09 21:21:51

Oh how nice, I've often wondered whether this was worth doing.
What's your skin tone and hair like?

Piglett Thu 04-Jun-09 21:49:08

olive skin (quite brown at the moment due to the fantastic weather at the weekend) dark brown hair which is currently short. In hindsight probably shouldn't have posted during the first Big Brother!

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Thu 04-Jun-09 21:50:21

I had one when I was getting an outfit for my sister's wedding. It was good fun - and I loved the dress I got. Am no good at working things out for other people (probably why I had the consultation smile)

NoTart Thu 04-Jun-09 21:54:38

You should expect a nice time and for the advisor to be a man or a woman. I was expected to strip off in front of mine once or twice so don´t wear your oldest underwear ; )

Enjoy!

gingerwench Fri 05-Jun-09 11:08:02

i had one but it was spoilt by DS bawling throughout the second half once he'd exhausted running around and creating havoc! I did book it for a time when he normally naps...
still the woman managed to find me trousers, dress, jacket, top and belt suitable for work that work together in just over an hour. They don't work on commission or charge however watch out for enthusiastic personal shopper saying the alterations department will fix everything (I'm an awkward size and shape 5ft2, size 16 and heavy on bottom, short legs and thick arms too) cos that ended up costing another 25% on top of the purchases!! The alterations woman did comment that my dress and jacket were hard to alter cos of the styling. Also they may know what will suit you, but if there aren't any clothes of that type in the shop then obviously they make do. If anything I think she selected fairly safe conservative clothes but that could be because she knew I work for a bank and wanted to look smarter. Am still hunting suitable shoes for the navy dress though...hmmm

Piglett Sun 07-Jun-09 23:38:53

It was fab - no hard sell and ended up with stuff that I think suits me that I wouldn't have dreamed of even trying on. John Lewis is fab!

brokenspacebar Sun 07-Jun-09 23:46:19

piglett what did you get?

I am similar size/shape to you - 5ft, 10/12, 32F norks.

My nearest JL is 2+hr journey for me.

HaventSleptForAYear Mon 08-Jun-09 13:44:32

Great. I'm umming and ahhing about going for an appointment with J. Lewis or Debenhams this summer when I'm in the UK. But it'll be mid-July so probably just manky old end of summer stock?

blithedance Tue 09-Jun-09 20:12:44

yes piglett please spill! And could you hint which branch of JL? Am thinking of using the Nottingham one.

Piglett Wed 10-Jun-09 21:25:33

Liverpool John Lewis and I bought for the summer and my holiday in Greece
Shift Dress (FWM)
Knee lenth skirt with large black spots (Hobbs)
3 pairs of shorts
White v neck fitted top (phase 8)
white linen shirt to wear open as a jacket type top
few cheap t-shirt/vest tops
I don't shop for myself very often and so I did spend quite a bit but because I generally spend very little on myself I could more than justify it.
Would really recommend it - will definately be going again and may try Debenhams too

blithedance Thu 11-Jun-09 21:00:13

Well done you, thanks for that. It sounds like you have the real capsule wardrobe now smile happy holidays!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now