Talk

Advanced search

Would I look stupid wearing opaque tights with a short dress on a night out?

(13 Posts)
Blossomhill Thu 04-Jun-09 21:03:49

Found a lovely dress but it is quite short and it does look so much better with tights but am I going to look an idiot in this weather?? If so apart from bare legs and leggings have I got any other options??? Thanks

mrsmaidamess Thu 04-Jun-09 21:04:34

How short is short? Is there a link?

badgermonkey Thu 04-Jun-09 21:04:41

No, I think they're still fine for evening.

Blossomhill Thu 04-Jun-09 21:39:54

Sorry can't find it on the site. It's a few inches above the knee. Leopard print, with short sleeves and tulip style skirt.

Ewe Thu 04-Jun-09 21:41:05

leggings instead? That is my solution to the short dress problem in nicer weather.

Dozymare Thu 04-Jun-09 21:41:44

was going to suggest fishnets, but with leopard print, may be too much! Opaque blacvk will be fine!

Blossomhill Thu 04-Jun-09 21:42:21

Ewe the only thing with that is I am struggling for shoes that go with short leggings. Was going to wear patent heals with the tights ...

Blossomhill Thu 04-Jun-09 21:42:52

dozy I was thinking of fishnets but think you're right about it being too much!!!

abouteve Thu 04-Jun-09 21:43:04

Not at all. It's all the rage (again) even on the hottest night last Saturday. I'm very pleased to see very young girls opting for opague with the fango skimming dresses that are in the shops atm. Some didn't but you would have to be uber confident about your legs not too.

So go for it.

squeaver Thu 04-Jun-09 21:43:30

Having just seen this weekend's weather forecast, I will be doing exactly that on Saturday night.

Blossomhill Thu 04-Jun-09 21:53:45

Great so opaque tights it it grin

Ewe Thu 04-Jun-09 21:58:55

I think opaque tights are fine too btw but footless tights and longer leggings look good with most shoes providing you don't have cankles and the shoes have a decent heel!

Blossomhill Thu 04-Jun-09 22:33:06

Thats the only thing I can't wear really high heels and I wish I could as rules out so many lovely shoes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now