Talk

Advanced search

spray tan at 5pm - any tips?

(10 Posts)
summer111 Thu 04-Jun-09 15:49:59

I've booked myself in for a spray tan at 5pm - as a virgin tanner, I haven't a clue what to expect/what I should wear? It's basicaly a trial run as I'm considering having it done for my brothers wedding in a couple of weeks.
Any advice much appreciated!

sweetheart Thu 04-Jun-09 15:58:17

wear very loose clothing - go in something you can wear without your bra especially as you don't want straps to rub your tan away.

Don't wear socks - flip flops if possible. Also wear something dark as the tan might rub off on your clothes.

Leave it on until tomorrow morning for best results.

HTH x

coneflower Thu 04-Jun-09 15:59:53

I wear loose dark clothing, they have said to me in the past to have nothing on your skin, (including deodorant), so it takes evenly...I have always arranged to have a shower before hand.... It is a while since I have had one but I do recommend them. I had one for my brothers wedding and was pleased with it especially when you look back at the pics!

summer111 Thu 04-Jun-09 16:00:27

Many thanks sweetheart - do you put paper pants on and then change back into your own when it's finished? I'm such an innocent at thissmile
I'll have to go and root out some dark coloured knickers now..

summer111 Thu 04-Jun-09 16:02:14

right coneflower, I'm off for a quick shower now!

sweetheart Thu 04-Jun-09 16:03:32

They will give you paper pants or you can go in the nude if you want. I usually wear a very long loose skirt and wear a thong so that I get mimimal lines. If I'm having it done for a holiday I might be tempted to pop my pants in my bag and go home comando blush so as not to have any lines in my swimsuit.

The paper pants are tiny by the way!

sweetheart Thu 04-Jun-09 16:04:30

Oh and be ready - the spray is nice and COLD!!!! Pert nipples here you come grin

SouthMum Thu 04-Jun-09 16:12:45

I always take some light moisturiser with me and afterwards put a bit on elbows and knees and that bit of skin just near your armpit at the top of your arm (the bit that kind of connects your arm to your body - you know what I mean) and also a teeny bit on knuckles.

They do a fab job at not streaking but I find sometimes it gathers in these bits so a bit of moisturiser stops that happening....

Don't worry if you look REALLY orange after it aswell - thats just so the tanning person can see where they are applying it, it washes off when you shower.

Enjoy! You'll look and feel fab afterwards

summer111 Thu 04-Jun-09 19:30:22

Woohoo, just a quick update to let you know that I now look and feel great! Thanks for all your helpful advice, I didn't feel such an novice as a result! I wore the little paper pants home and stuffed my big knickers briefs in my bag wink
Just another question, is it ok to shower and moisturise as normal in the morning or I should I wait a bit longer?

SouthMum Fri 05-Jun-09 07:56:36

Yea you're fine to shower and moisturise as usual. Happy Bronze Day!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now