Talk

Advanced search

What moisturiser do you use?

(29 Posts)
Sunflower100 Thu 04-Jun-09 13:14:02

I'm getting close to 35, just had dd2 and thinking the mirror is telling me that its time to take more care of my skin. I've used Simple for a while with the ocassional Clinique thrown in when Im feeling flush. I think its time I invested in something more effective. So whats good?

mrsmaidamess Thu 04-Jun-09 13:15:00

I'm loving Avon Clinical face lift followed by Time Delay Daytime moisturiser spf 15.

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 04-Jun-09 13:16:13

I just use tesco's cocoa butter. These fancy expensive moisurisers are, imo, not worth it, cos most of what you're paying for is the name!

I hear baby bottom butter is supposed to be the bees knees!

VintageGardenia Thu 04-Jun-09 13:16:49

I am 37 with historically ok skin now showing signs of wear & t. I use Liz Earle cleanser & moisturiser (I have the toner too but usually don't bother) and find them lovely. The moisturiser is absorbed quickly and your skin feels nice all day when you've used it. She has a more "mature" range too which I think is called Superskin but I am desperate not to qualify for it. Re. eyes etc don't know but will watch with interest.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 04-Jun-09 13:16:52

I'm 33 and I use Dramatically Different Moisturiser by clinique but am on the lookout for something with a spf in it so will watch this with interest

KirstyJC Thu 04-Jun-09 13:17:42

I really like Decleor aromessence and moisturiser - quite pricey (£35 each or thereabouts) but lasts for 8-10 months and is really light on your face (I hate that heavy-takes-ages-to-soak-in feeling some moisturisers have).

They have different types for different skins - have a look on Salonskincare.com. (Who often send free samples of other Decleor stuff when you order too - had enough sample aromessence for 3months from them last timegrin)

VintageGardenia Thu 04-Jun-09 13:17:55

I have tried baby bottom b but find it really really icky & heavy & doesn't get absorbed. Smells like sweets though!

OrmIrian Thu 04-Jun-09 13:20:31

Bio oil morning and night with some fairly basic eye cream. I use a SPF-15 moisuriser under my make-up when I go out.

The bio oil was a desperate attempt to renovate my sad dry ageing skin. It has done wonders - I've still got lines which I don't mind but I've lost the scaly dry look and my skin has a more even tone. Brilliant stuff!

VintageGardenia Thu 04-Jun-09 13:20:58

For 38 pounds you can get the cleanser, toner & moisturiser and a free git.

TheOddOne Thu 04-Jun-09 13:21:21

I can't wear any - seriously even themildest one bring s me out in spots (chin, forehead). I have a very dry skin but i think that's just how i'm meant to be.

Not too wrinkly for my age.

VintageGardenia Thu 04-Jun-09 13:21:32

Gift that is. Gits are extra, or I can send you one.

TheOddOne Thu 04-Jun-09 13:21:44

LOL @ free git.

VintageGardenia Thu 04-Jun-09 13:22:33

Wait till he arrives, that'll stop the LOL.

foofi Thu 04-Jun-09 13:22:53

I use Liz Earle for cleanser and moisturiser.

ruddynorah Thu 04-Jun-09 13:23:23

non. i do the oil cleansing method.

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 04-Jun-09 13:26:28

Am on the lookout too.

Have really light skin (but dark hair hmm) which is horribly sensitive. Even water hurts! shock

WolframAlpha Thu 04-Jun-09 13:29:07

I use Dr Hauschka quince day cream or a Neals Yeard oil one (organic orange flower I think)

very sensitive skin and these are great.

andiem Thu 04-Jun-09 13:31:21

I use Liz Earle cleanse and polish
Boots protect and perfect serum
and then origins youthtopia moisturiser
seems to work for me

ohdearwhatamess Thu 04-Jun-09 13:33:19

Liz Earle (also their cleanser and toner)
Boots P&P serum afterwards

DomesticBlobess Thu 04-Jun-09 13:42:33

Can really recommend using an oil moisturiser - it does make your skin soft and balanced - not at all greasy.

My current fave is spiezia and an equally good cheaper alternative is akamuti.

macherie Thu 04-Jun-09 13:49:01

The single most important thing you can do for your skin is use sunblock - all year round not just in summer.

Clinique city block spf 40 is what I use everyday.

this is a brilliant skincare brand particularly if you have sensitve skin. My friend is a dermatologist and she recommeds it to her patients. I have been using it for a few years in combination with ROC and I find it great.

For anti-aging products ROC are fantastic, try the Retin Ox range.

undercovercarrot Thu 04-Jun-09 15:27:31

I use Weleda wild rose which smells lovely and is organic - its around £10 for a tube but lasts ages here

lilacclaire Thu 04-Jun-09 22:06:27

I use No7 Anti Dark Spot Facial Sun Protection SPF30, Even in the winter (and im in Scotland)!
Its hypo allergenic but it is a bit heavy, so if you've got delicate skin, it might be a bit too heavy for you.

But I did get asked for id the other day in tesco's and im 33 !!!!

womma Sun 07-Jun-09 21:13:35

I use a Neal's Yard moisturiser or the REN one for sensitive skin, both very good for my dry late thirties skin.

wastingmyeducation Mon 08-Jun-09 16:02:49

ruddynorah I've been doing ocm for a week, but my skin is quite dry still with a flaky nose. Are you adding more oil to the skin after you've cleansed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now