Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

So, if you make an 'audit' of your appearance, and find a review is necessary...

(9 Posts)
TheProfiteroleThief Thu 04-Jun-09 12:41:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

abraid Thu 04-Jun-09 12:48:06

I don't know: I've always found that buying a new handbag works well!

I just did it: on Monday, with a bag from Hobbs, which just, er, called my name. It's small and smart and lifts whatever I'm wearing. I think it was really worth the investment.

Perhaps I 'need' another one...

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 04-Jun-09 12:50:06

abraid Thu 04-Jun-09 12:52:07

Isn't it wonderful how you can come here and someone will tell you what you are hoping they'll tell you?

What do you need, TPT? Can I persuade you not to hold back?

womma Thu 04-Jun-09 13:01:04

I was just thinking about how I wish someone would take me in hand and give me a style re-jig. I need some hair and make up advice, and then a gentle nudge to change my style direction...anyone got the number for the fairy god-mother hotline?

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 04-Jun-09 13:09:40

abraid Thu 04-Jun-09 15:49:23

I wish my hairdresser would be more forward about suggesting new hairstyles.

womma Thu 04-Jun-09 16:26:43

PT - that's it, I don't want people looking at me and thinking 'she's looking a bit...' but I just don't have the time and energy (or budget) right now to give my appearance the attention it needs. That's why I need someone to help me out a bit.
Do you find that you buy the same kind of clothes over and over again? I'm stuck in that kind of rut.
You do sound like you keep on top of it well, I need to take a leaf out of your book.
What kind of hairdo are you going for and what kind of clothes have you got your eye on? Inpsire me PT, puhlease!!

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 04-Jun-09 19:13:54

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: