Talk

Advanced search

LBD to evening wedding party - OK?

(3 Posts)
usedtoreadbooks Wed 03-Jun-09 15:54:32

I've got an evening wedding party to go to in 10 days, and having put back on lots of weight that I lost the only thing I fit is an LBD that makes me look pg from the side (which is what I look like wearing everything else too - but from the front it's not so bad). I have a black cover-up to go on top. But it's a real squeeze and I hate black at weddings. This one will be particularly glam and full of gorgeous colourful saris to boot.

I would like to find something more flattering that makes me feel great and that I can relax in. I don't have much time or money, and don't live in the UK. Any ideas as to what kind of thing would flatter a 5'4" brunette with extremely large norks and stomach? I usually find that sleeves and a deep v-neck help. (Normally I would divert attention with proper hair and make-up, but won't have time before this party as I'm only getting the UK a few hours before).

TIA for your help. have to head out now but will be back later.

MrsTittleMouse Wed 03-Jun-09 16:00:18

Where do you live?

I think that black to an evening party is fine, by the way.

usedtoreadbooks Wed 03-Jun-09 16:05:37

France. So I suppose I"m looking for suggestions from international high st brands, eg H+M, Benetton, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now