Talk

Advanced search

Baseball caps - Yea or Nay?

(20 Posts)
Overmydeadbody Tue 02-Jun-09 20:22:55

What does everone think?

I think I want one, but a nice one, but wouldn't even know where to get one. I need a hat but don't do the floppy sun hat look.

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 02-Jun-09 20:27:29

nay.

Don't like them.

What would you do with your hair?

Overmydeadbody Tue 02-Jun-09 20:37:01

<sigh>

What should I wear to keep the sun out of my eyes then?

I wouldn't do anything with my hair. just leave it loose?

Ceolas Tue 02-Jun-09 20:53:08

oh nay!

sunglasses?

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 02-Jun-09 20:54:05

Mmmm. I suppose you could try it and see.

What about just sunglasses for your eyes or do you need some head coverage too?

sassy Tue 02-Jun-09 20:55:21

Nay, nay and thrice nay. Yuk.

Try millets for cricket hats, reversible with plain fabric one side, jaunty print for over-excited days on t'other.

stitchtime Tue 02-Jun-09 20:56:56

baker boy hats from places like accesorise.
definite no to baseball caps

fucksticks Tue 02-Jun-09 20:57:12

god no

sunglasses?
straw hat?

TheOddOne Tue 02-Jun-09 20:58:01

I have one. It say 'Llanfairfechan' on the front with a Welsh dragon for added effect. I rather like it.

Ceolas Tue 02-Jun-09 20:58:48

Some hats at Next. Any good?

stitchtime Tue 02-Jun-09 21:03:11

this looks very nice in the cream colour. but i had to return it, as one eye was in shade, whilst the other was ib bright sunlight.

my current hat isnt on the website for some reason. but i always wear baker boy type styles. you get coverage as well as shade for eyes.. but, beware, if youwear foundation, you will get a rim coloured with your foundation, so reversible hats are out.

Overmydeadbody Tue 02-Jun-09 22:16:42

I so wanted that sexy but casual/active baseball cap look though, you know, the look models and celebrities can pull off so casually?

<<sulks>>

I don't shop in Next, sorry. No to Millets cricket hats, I want to look nice in a hat grin

Will look in accessorise I suppose <<sigh>> Don't do big straw hats of sun hats, I'd look ridiculous, it wouldn't go with my style.

Overmydeadbody Tue 02-Jun-09 22:18:47

stitchintime I don't wear foundation so that's not a problem. Will have to try these baker boy styles, think they will look silly on me tohugh...

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Tue 02-Jun-09 22:19:26

id say straw hat for lolling about in and baseball cap for running only ...... i know feck all about fashion though....... best not burn your head though - nothing worse than a burtn parting - ouch!

Overmydeadbody Tue 02-Jun-09 22:28:12

quite nappyone, ouch!

I usually just wear sunglasses, but after a while they hurt the tops of my ears and I don't like wearing them when I'm talking to other people, so no good for lounging around the park/garden with friends.

I am not wearing a straw hat, I will look ridiculous.

I am going to try some baseball caps on tomorrow, regardless of what everyone thinks!grin

Anyway, if nothing else I could do with it when belaying other people when I'm climbing at weekends, endless hours standing around craning my neck as I look up, I think a baseball cap will be best for keeping the sun out then.

KristinaM Tue 02-Jun-09 23:17:09

OK if you are under 16 or you are wearing them to do sport

so for climbing or sailing they are fine

otherwise no

MrsMotMot Wed 03-Jun-09 08:54:14

Agree with KristinaM- for sport, fine. But generally, noooo.

southeastastra Wed 03-Jun-09 08:55:10

yes ! they're cool. but then again the more people hate them them more i like them.

Rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Jun-09 08:56:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jemart Thu 04-Jun-09 15:26:16

Can't stand them. Never look very good on anyone.

Go to Monsoon, they have loads of hats, try some on, you know you can do better than a baseball cap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now