Talk

Advanced search

I really want curly hair please help me get it

(10 Posts)
jimblejambles Tue 02-Jun-09 13:15:47

I am fed up of my straight hair and I want to try out curls. However I have no idea where to start.
Do I need to use mousse and do I need curlers or a curling iron or can I just twist it and it will curl?
My hair is below my shoulders and is quite thick so any help is greatly appreciated.
smile

nellie12 Tue 02-Jun-09 13:18:40

Hairdressers to start with mine is poker straight and never holds a style but they managed it grin

wastingmyeducation Tue 02-Jun-09 13:19:55

Eat your crusts.

fatjac Tue 02-Jun-09 16:46:40

Velcro rollers are what you need. Put them into hair that is slightly damp. Leave them in till hair dryes or use hairdryer. Spray with hairspray, wait a few minutes take them out and viola lovely bouncy curls.

jimblejambles Tue 02-Jun-09 17:58:11

Thank you fatjac

TrillianAstra Tue 02-Jun-09 18:00:06

Do you have a straightener? Search for curl with straighener on Youtube.

littlelamb Tue 02-Jun-09 18:01:49

I could never get my hair to curl properly until I used the right products. I use Tresemme curl activator (I hate tresemme shampoo but the styling stuff seems to be great). Spray it on before curling each part with a tong. Mine can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to do, and after each section spray it with hairspray so the curls don't fall out. The one thing I hate about having curls though is how crunchy my hair feels with so much product in it, but without it it just won't curl at all. The curls on my profile took about 30 minutes I htink, and that was after more than a few drinks and they held all night

Ivykaty44 Tue 02-Jun-09 18:03:16

Perm - ahhh

Go to the hairdressers and get a perm on large rollers - then ask the hair dresser not to blow dry the first time it is washed - then it last longer.

You will have curls for 5-6 months smile

Or heated rollers grin

edam Tue 02-Jun-09 18:05:52

Well, you could try falling off a pushbike at great speed and hitting your head on concrete. Am sure my curls were caused by concussion. Hair went curly almost overnight! (Although I suppose it might have been coincidence...)

If you are more careful of your brain than I was, you'll have to shell out for curling tongs or a perm, I"m afraid. grin

lou33 Tue 02-Jun-09 18:11:30

perm was the only thing that gave me curls

i am growing it out now but i had it for about 4 yrs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now