Talk

Advanced search

why is it so difficult to find an anklet in the shops?

(10 Posts)
stitchtime Tue 02-Jun-09 12:22:16

i had two lovely anklets last year. unfortunately, dd got to them ths year i thought i'd adorn my beautiful ankles, aka as cankles, with somthing. so i had a nose around the high street. and came up with nothing. nada. zilch.
why?
claires sold about five, but they were all with toe rings and i dont want to wear toe rings. so whats going on? are they out of fashion ?

Wizzska Tue 02-Jun-09 12:27:08

Yes, I think they are out of fashion, sorry.

brimfull Tue 02-Jun-09 12:28:10

have you tied mumbai?

stitchtime Tue 02-Jun-09 12:28:24

oh blush

princessmel Tue 02-Jun-09 12:30:04

I happened to spot some in Accesorise on friday. I was looking for a sparkly broach.

princessmel Tue 02-Jun-09 12:31:15

Here

www.monsoon.co.uk/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-locayta&template=wz_locayta&pageno=1&perpage=12&collate=price %3Apdxtcolour%3Apdxtfabric&fieldinvt=type&termtextinvt=invt&typeinvt=exact&typekeywordsearch=keyword &fieldivtype=ivtype&typeivtype=exact&termtextkeywordsearch=anklet

Voltaire Tue 02-Jun-09 12:32:23

Someone told me when I was about 12 that prostitutes wore anklets to let men know they were prostitutes. It's really hard to get past it, even though I know it's nonsense.

stitchtime Tue 02-Jun-09 13:57:43

voltaire, i was told it about wearing it on the left ankle. apparently right ankle was ok... i still cant wear it on my left ankle. blush

stitchtime Tue 02-Jun-09 13:58:45

thank you princess, areturn trip to accesoirze i think

princessmel Tue 02-Jun-09 17:38:33

That's ok

I think they are pretty, might get one myself....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now