Talk

Advanced search

Does anywhere sell nice, really wide size 8 shoes?

(16 Posts)
misscreosote Tue 02-Jun-09 09:40:29

Help! I've always had kipper feet, but since going through two pregnancies, they are now the clown side of enormous. I think somethink like an 8 EEE or wider shock

The only place I've found that do shoes that fit is Evans, which is fine for basics, but it would be nice to get some more trendy shoes (I'm thinking cool flattish shoes rather than heels, as opportunities for heel wearing are few and far between at the moment). A google search has come up with some delightful velcro comfort shoes and thats about it.

Anyone else have the same problem and found somewhere good? Thanks

LaurieFairyCake Tue 02-Jun-09 09:41:28

www.duoboots.com smile

Molesworth Tue 02-Jun-09 09:48:34

Dare I mention the word 'Crocs'? grin

I also have size 8 clown feet which have been ruined by decades of squeezing into too-narrow shoes. Now I do a lot of walking I have discovered the joy of comfortable footwear: boots from the Natural Shoe Store and Crocs (yes I know they're as ugly as hell, but my feet feel like they've died and gone to heaven).

stripeypineapple Tue 02-Jun-09 09:51:18

Birkenstocks are pretty wide and pretty comfy too.

misscreosote Tue 02-Jun-09 09:59:34

Good lord - what quick responses! Who needs to text 118, we should just set up a mumsnet text service!

All good suggestions thank you very much - I shall enjoy a quiet morning browsing before the baby arrives (well, not that I know its arriving today! but you never know). I do have a pair of crocs - size 10 (gasp), which was the only size which fitted my lovely swollen feet at the end of the last pregnancy. Still, they are very comfy and handy for gardening. Sigh, I wish I had lovely small slim feet so I could have the stereotypical wardrobe full of shoes envy

HensMum Tue 02-Jun-09 10:04:03

www.vivaladiva.com does wide fitting shoes and has a pretty good range.
On the high street, New Look also do wide fitted shoes (up to size 9!) Quality is not great but it's nice to be able to pick up a cheap pair of shoes that fit.

PortAndLemon Tue 02-Jun-09 10:10:46

Hotter do extra wide fit shoes, as do Emotion. I also find that Birkenstocks fit. A make called Wolky also has several styles that are wide enough to fit but the only bricks-and-mortar shop I've seen selling them didn't carry anything above a 40 (even though they are made up to a 44).

If you are anywhere near Harrow then I found the shop associated with www.widefitshoes.co.uk very helpful (although it's poky and looks like nothing from the outside). You can order from the website but IMO/IME it's useful to have had a chance to try on some of the brands beforehand so you have an idea of how the sizing works for you.

slug Tue 02-Jun-09 10:27:20

Timberland also come up wide. I have a lovely pair of their sandals that I wore out because they were the only thinkgs that fitted my size 8 hoofs.

BikeRunSki Tue 02-Jun-09 13:50:55

I have ENORMOUS size 8s, so I feel for you.

Next and M&S tend to come up wide.
Land's End, Clark's and Hush Puppies too.
I love the DM fashion range and have spent the last 3 winters in these boots in various colours.
boots

Lots of DM fashion shoes, boots and sandals at www.kbkshoes.com

They get less industrial as you scroll down the "girls" sections.

KBK do very efficient mail order too, and very helpful re sizing on the phone.

misscreosote Tue 02-Jun-09 15:31:47

Thanks for all the suggestions - am feeling quite encouraged that I might find some decent shoes. Unfortunately high street shops like new look/next/m&s/clarks, even the wide fittings aren't wide enough for my feet blush, but there are lots of other ideas there that sound good. Thanks!

misscreosote Tue 02-Jun-09 15:35:30

PS BikeRunSki I LOVE those boots! Almost wishing for winter so I can get my boots out smile

fatjac Tue 02-Jun-09 16:54:01

I too have wide size 8 feet. Agree Birkenstocks are good. I tried on some wedges in M&S and the 8 and 7.5 were too big. Didn't have a 7 in stock but they must be really big sizes.

I also got some mules from TK Maxx.

BikeRunSki Tue 02-Jun-09 18:10:12

Miscreosote - I love them too - I have them in red and in brown and am planning to get black when I go back to work in September!

grin that someone likes my style!

MIAonline Tue 02-Jun-09 18:19:05

I 2nd Viva La Diva. They have some great wide fitting shoes as do Simply be (though most are on both sites)

MarthaFarquhar Tue 02-Jun-09 18:23:51

If you're not fussed about your shoes being a bit cheap and cheerful, new look have a great wide fit range.

TeaOneSugar Tue 02-Jun-09 18:29:17

I recently bought some lovely shoes from Evans, really comfortable I'm thinking of getting a second pair in red.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now