Talk

Advanced search

OK help me out. Need new summer clothes. Am 5ft2, size 10/12, pear shaped, horrid legs....

(16 Posts)
pigswithfludontfly Mon 01-Jun-09 22:37:35

...selling myself there aren't I!!

I'm pale, dark hair, 5ft 2, a 10 on top, 12 on bum, hate my legs (like a cart pony, very pale and am allergic to fake tan), used to have a flat tummy but now got a bit of overhang, smallish of norkage. So not exactly blessed with a fab body!

I need some new clothes. Usually shop in places like Gap, Monsoon, a bit of Top Shop. Any ideas welcome!!

pigswithfludontfly Mon 01-Jun-09 22:52:51

Oh come on someone...please!

unavailable Tue 02-Jun-09 08:35:38

As you are small on top, wide legged linen trousers with vest /fitted tops would suit you. Also, how about trying a maxi dress - it will show of your small waist etc but cover legs totally. Both with flat sandals.

pigswithfludontfly Tue 02-Jun-09 10:44:52

Wouldn't a maxi dress drown me though? Especially with flats.

Will try and find some nice wide linen trousers, good idea.

pigswithfludontfly Tue 02-Jun-09 17:59:28

Bumping...

IcantbelieveImForty Thu 04-Jun-09 13:57:33

you sound a bit like me, although have boobs & a flat bottom grin

I don't like maxi dresses, they drown us shorties. I like knee length shorts, fit flops ( they sort of balance me out) some t-shirts - nice ones in different colours with co-ordinated necklaces/scarf. Wide leg trousers are good, with fitted tops - sort of busy ones, strips, maybe a tunic from monsoon ?

SweetEm Thu 04-Jun-09 15:18:14

I don't think wide-leg trousers are good for short pear-shaped people (I am one) - they can make us look kind of square.

I like knee length skirts - but make sure they cut across your leg at the narrowest part!

SweetEm Thu 04-Jun-09 15:19:02

btw, I mean square-shaped, not square as in uncool!

Clure Thu 04-Jun-09 15:34:52

hi pigswithflu. I'm 5'1 and agree with maxi's drowning. I did buy one last summer but haven't worn it yet as I feel like I'm wearing a big nightie.
As you're pear shaped how a dress or skirt which skims hips, a sort of A line shape. Have to say not a lot of nice skirts around this summer (horrid tulip shaped efforts that flatter no-one) this type of style

Dresses which are fitted or have interesting neckline as you're smaller on top
this type of thing? or something like this sort of 50's style with cinched in waist

pigswithfludontfly Thu 04-Jun-09 17:09:27

Really like the white Stuff skirt but I hate my legs!
They are ghastly - chunky/ manly and pasty.

Argh!! I hate my body! All these tall slim women have it so lucky!

IcantbelieveImForty Thu 04-Jun-09 17:21:20

I think a good shoe/sandal will make a difference to you.

I like the wide leg trou, but you do need to make sure they have a flat waist - no gathering & no elastic.

I like the skirt (which I'd wear) like the dress (which I wouldn't wear, but do like the yellow), not keen on the floral number. Still, those links weren't for me !

Clure Thu 04-Jun-09 17:29:36

would you consider wearing a skirt over leggings? Or a long flowy skirt like this

Clure Thu 04-Jun-09 18:18:13

Am liking the wide leg trousers suggestions, linen with petites top

pigswithfludontfly Thu 04-Jun-09 20:37:50

http://www.thewhitecompany.com/productdetails.aspx?id=1000837&itemno=SECLT

I like the look of these....would look nice with tunic type tops and are slim fitting. Good idea or bad?

Clure Thu 04-Jun-09 20:58:07

They look like they may finish at the wider part of calf so not sure. I don't go for cropped - but thats just me! Think the only way is to try them and see.

IcantbelieveImForty Fri 05-Jun-09 10:39:26

yes, not sure about those - good for dainty/shapely ankles.
The colour isn't good for either, if heavier on the botton, go for darker bottoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now