Talk

Advanced search

Maternity/nursing bras that don't look like something your Great Aunt Ethel would wear - possible??

(20 Posts)
SlipOfTheTongue Mon 01-Jun-09 17:15:42

I can't find anything half decent, every one I've seen (that don't cost about £40 each that is!) are just horrendous! Any suggestions where I could try for something that's at least slightly attractive - surely it's not too much to ask, even with all the additional scaffolding etc that's needed?!

(Apologies to any Ethels out there by the way!)

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 17:16:47

2 words:
Hot Milk

pigswithfludontfly Mon 01-Jun-09 22:31:33

My exact thoughts before I clicked through and saw your message Littlelamb.

monkeysmama Tue 02-Jun-09 09:16:34

What size are you *Slipofthetongue"? An MNer kindly sent me two Hot Milk bras she'd bought but didn't fit her. Sadly they don't fit me either and am happy to send them to you if they'd fit.

suwoo Tue 02-Jun-09 09:22:54

Ooh, if they are a 34F or 34G and don't fit the OP, please may I have them grin.

The M&S ones are awful, like a hammock. I have been looking longingly at the hotmilk ones but need to save some pennies.

PortAndLemon Tue 02-Jun-09 09:23:53

Hot Milk.

I actually have a Great Aunt Ethel. Although she hated the name Ethel and was always known by her middle name, at least until we discovered that her name was really Ethel...

milkmoustache Tue 02-Jun-09 10:35:58

I lashed out on an Elle MacPherson and it really was worth it - made me feel vaguely myself in comparison to some of the horrible cheap ones from Mothercare. Having said that, Mothercare did come up with the nursing bra I am currently modelling which is more like a T-shirt bra and with no lumpy seams and nasty lace... worth getting ONE nice one, I reckon!

wotulookinat Tue 02-Jun-09 10:49:44

I like the M&S maternity bras.

SlipOfTheTongue Tue 02-Jun-09 14:16:56

Thanks - I'm a 36C, monkeysmama, what size do you have on offer?!

LetThemEatCake Tue 02-Jun-09 18:24:06

amoralia - gorgeous stuff!

I bought Mothercare monstrosities for my first pg, kept wearing them in the 2nd - have finally wised up with pg number 3

www.amoralia.com

Flamesparrow Tue 02-Jun-09 18:35:00

Agree with hot milk.

raises hand for a 36F if one if going spare

Well worth every penny imo

Pannacotta Tue 02-Jun-09 23:16:16

Slip I have two Elle Macpherson bras in 36C (black and flesh/nude colour) which you are welcome to...
They have been used but not much and are a good way of trying the brand for size.
CAT me if you are interested.

Agree that Hot Milk are the prettiest.

SlipOfTheTongue Wed 03-Jun-09 09:32:11

Pannacotta, that's very kind of you!
I would CAT you but I have no idea what that is - how I do that?!

weepootle Wed 03-Jun-09 12:52:20

I have a couple of hot milk which are nice but I've just bought some from La Senza and they're great- really supportive and lovely. Will try to find a link.

weepootle Wed 03-Jun-09 12:54:37

here

weepootle Wed 03-Jun-09 12:56:14

and here

Pannacotta Wed 03-Jun-09 17:29:33

Dont worry if you dont have CAT, if you let me have your email I'll get in touch.

SlipOfTheTongue Thu 04-Jun-09 13:28:49

Great stuff, Pannacotta - thank you!
lisacj01@yahoo.co.uk
x

jemart Thu 04-Jun-09 15:09:07

figleaves.com have a hotmilk bra 30% off at the moment.

LaTrucha Thu 04-Jun-09 20:12:18

I really didn't find the hotmilk ones supportive enough (34F currently). Royce gave a really good shape and IMO this makes you feel better than something with little shape in a pretty colour / design.

IMO there are some Royce ones that don't look too bad. here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now