Talk

Advanced search

has anyone found summer clothes they had forgotten about?

(25 Posts)
Grattage Sun 31-May-09 21:24:45

me
two pairs of shoes

southeastastra Sun 31-May-09 21:26:25

some shoes here too, love wedge sandals can never wear them for too long

unknownrebelbang Sun 31-May-09 21:28:58

I found a pair of sandals today that I'd never worn (and didn't think I ever would as my feet were too podgy) and forgot I'd ever bought.

I've tried them on and they fit!

janeite Sun 31-May-09 21:32:04

Not me. I hate summer clothes and discovered today that I have absolutely nothing appropriate for doing anything more than sitting in the garden in.

Goodness only knows what I can wear to work if it stays this warm. So - if all those of you who keep finding random summer clothes in your wardrobe send them this way, I'm waiting with a basket to catch them!!

mrsmaidamess Sun 31-May-09 21:35:03

Yes I found 2 skirts.

One asymmetrical hem Kew number in Brown (I think I've gone off it though) and a spotty a line Bodeny looking thing. I will garden in that one.

brokenspacebar Sun 31-May-09 21:35:19

I am wearing a jersey dress I got in h&m, very comfortable, and flattering enough, now that I have taken it up... but I had no sandals, I don't think I boughtany last year.

I bought a pair of lovely purple sandals yesterday, I luff them grin

mrsmaidamess Sun 31-May-09 21:36:02

Purple sandals you say? From where?

endless Sun 31-May-09 21:37:07

yes me too, 2 pairs of crop pants that i had completely forgotton bout.

I spent half an hour congratulating my self for my devine style and my cleverness at putting them away thinking of me for this summer grin

brokenspacebar Sun 31-May-09 21:37:48

I also discovered a skirt from seasalt, very unflattering (on me) but garden wearable... and an organic pair of cropped jeans from new look, which I really like, they seem better this year.

littlelamb Sun 31-May-09 21:38:30

Yes, I have found all my beautiful summer clothes from pre-ds. Am still too fat to fit into them but it sure has given me the incentive to put down the chocloate and get my arse in gear Beautiful they are <sob>

reducedfatkettlechip Sun 31-May-09 21:41:59

Gorgeous unworn pair of Boden wooden wedge sandals from last year's sale literally fell out of the wardrobe at me yesterday.

Plus a few pairs of linen cropped trousers from Great Plains that I've not been able to get into until now and now fit like a glove, hooray! grin

brokenspacebar Sun 31-May-09 21:57:06

mrsmaid, they are from schuh, mucho cheapness, £20, with little patent purple bows.. they are flat, with a birkenstock stlyee shapedsole.

Grattage Sun 31-May-09 22:02:45

lol at " luff them"

lambanana Mon 01-Jun-09 20:54:18

Me!

I am currently wearing a black sun dress from la redoute that I found at the back of the wardrobe!

squeaver Mon 01-Jun-09 20:56:34

Yes I'm wearing a nice wrap skirt I found in the wardrobe today and will be wearing all Summer, I hope.

fishie Mon 01-Jun-09 21:53:00

me too
one sandals
one top

several other disappointing garments.

Clary Mon 01-Jun-09 22:07:01

I've found my lovely pink wedge sandals.

They were "posh" 2 yrs ago and "best" last year but this year I am just wearing them every day grin

I need some new trews tho. Linen? full length? baggy cut offs? (what I have now but v worn) Or those gorge cigarette pants that stop just below the knee? Are they only for very thin people? endless crop pants what is it you mean? Is this what I need?

brokenspaceabr where are your sandals - link pls.

Clary Mon 01-Jun-09 22:12:44

spacebar have looked at schuh but can't find yr sandls grin

brokenspacebar Tue 02-Jun-09 11:17:09

I will get the name for you, they are there, promise.
page 25 of sandals,ZULU BOWS MULE

BikeRunSki Tue 02-Jun-09 13:06:40

All of them! Was pg last summer and worked flat out the summer before (week ends, nights, evenings) so spent most of that summer in work clothes.

Clary Tue 02-Jun-09 23:29:59

Ah yes spacebar I see them grin.

Like them actually but I need something a bit more covered up (hate my feet) and need to wear them for work.

Will have to go and browse. Still need to know abotu crop pants and where are people getting them from?

TsarChasm Tue 02-Jun-09 23:34:04

I found a dress I loved in the loft but it never fitted.

I've finally lost a bit of weight and now it fits...and I don't like it. It's in the charity shop bag now - having been in a box in the loft for about 4 years with me moaning on about how I wish it fitted grin

supersalstrawberry Tue 02-Jun-09 23:35:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 03-Jun-09 06:59:17

I found a pair of red ballet pumps that I had forgotten about, and a skirt which is actually a maternity one but has that stretchy/wrinkly stuff in a section at the top.

It's for the garden and mooching round the house only but is very cool in this weather and can be either a skirt or a strapless dress depending on how high I pull it up.

Also found a lovely white linen jacket that I'd forgotten I had. It came with an equally lovely dress I bought for a wedding a couple of years ago. Sadly the dress will not do up around my enormous BFing norks so it will have to wait for another year.

crankytwanky Wed 03-Jun-09 14:01:24

Yes!

I haven't bought any summer clothes for years, and was caught unawares by this sunshine. I've dug through the charity shop bag in the garage that I hadn't got around to taking, and pilfered a couple of my own skirts.
Shameful really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now