Talk

Advanced search

Please help - haven't a clue what kind of dress to wear to a "Black Tie Summer Ball"

(6 Posts)
xfabba Sun 31-May-09 21:07:48

School summer ball, blokes black tie - what should I wear. Some are saying it is very formal so needs to be a long dress, others are saying "cocktail dress" ok. What do you think I could get away with? Am normally pretty casual and have never worn a long dress, am only 5ft so don't think it would work anyway. Can I wear a knee length?

Please give me some examples - am short, not quite 5ft, 8-10 but large boobs, no keen on strapless.

xfabba Sun 31-May-09 21:08:34

sorry duplicate post - ignore this one

Clure Sun 31-May-09 21:12:31

yes you could do knee length. Agree, I'm 5'1 and feel swamped in anything longer than knee length. What kind of colours?

xfabba Sun 31-May-09 21:19:06

I saw your other post and agree, we are too short for 'em, don't know how Nicole Ritchie et al pull it off. I am quite dark colouring - brown eyes, olive skin so I think dark, muddy type colours are what I am supposed to wear - or I could go with boring black. I posted this twice so there are some more posts on the other one.

which dress did you decide on?

Clure Sun 31-May-09 21:19:34

classic though may be a bit frilly
this is lovley
this with fab accessories and shoes

xfabba Sun 31-May-09 21:28:51

ooh I like the karen millen one in red!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now