Talk

Advanced search

Please help me accessorize for a wedding?

(8 Posts)
Voltaire Sun 31-May-09 19:43:15

I plan to buy this dress tomorrow. It's for a forthcoming wedding. I am planning to wear it with a bright turquoise wrap or shrug - if I can find a suitable one.

Do you all think it's suitable for a smart summer wedding?

What colour shoes, bag? And will I get away with wearing a hat - if yes, what colour? I don't want to end up looking like Mr Tumble in my zingy brights. grin

Grateful for any assistance from the S&B gurus.

Jewelsandgems Sun 31-May-09 20:43:01

lovely dress. But, because there is lots already going on with it, I would personally not have a turquoise wrap/shrug and go for black. But that's just me wink

Voltaire Sun 31-May-09 20:52:04

Jewelsandgems - Thanks. I think you are right but actually I don't look v good in black. Perhaps I should buy a fuschia pashmina? Might that work as well as black and be a bit less going on?

And then black strappy shoes, bag and hat?

Jewelsandgems Sun 31-May-09 21:09:02

I (personally) would be tempted to go for something more gold/champagne coloured. And they have a cuff to match that dress on monsoon website - I'd get that too!

There is also this that is very barely there
www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/32327903&bklist=icat,4,shop,women,bolerosandshrugs

And other sheer wraps are also very nice and - because you can see your skin through - are somehow less 'black'

Voltaire Sun 31-May-09 23:49:37

Champagne?

Jewelsandgems Mon 01-Jun-09 07:45:39

Yes, like a nude colour. That way, it will be just in the background and will not take over from the dress.

vicky275 Mon 01-Jun-09 07:53:46

i think the idea of black to go with this dress is fab but how about picking out one of the clours from the patten on the bottom and use this for all your bits and bobs.
has for a hat how about one of the tiny kind on a comb or head band that would look fab with this dress

Voltaire Mon 01-Jun-09 09:53:17

Vicky - I agree. I like the idea of turquoise - and it suits me. I am going to take a turquoise pashmina to try on with the dress. If not I will revert to Jewelsandgems' suggestion of black - in fact I already have a black silk pashmina with lovely black embroidery.

Aren't those fascinator things a bit Lorraine Chase?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now