Talk

Advanced search

What practical bag do you all use for outings/ travelling?

(11 Posts)
mummytoshrimps Sun 31-May-09 15:01:01

My last thread was all about finding the ideal handbag, which I now have! However - can anyone recommend a good bag for days when handbag is too small/nice to use? Something roomy to stuff a lot in, but with compartments to be organised too? Also for travel as I'm off on hol soon and need something that will be my and DC's bag when we fly, and our everyday bag once we're on hol. Not much to ask!!

PS I currently have an OiOi hobo changing bag which I was going to use unless something better, that isn't a changing bag, catches my eye.

Thanks!

fatzak Sun 31-May-09 15:19:43

I've got something similar to this Need to stop using it as it's getting knackered already and seeing as it is the most expensive bag I've ever owned, it needs to last grin

blametheparents Sun 31-May-09 15:38:38

I have a rucksack. It is great cos it leaves my hands free, and has lots of pockets. It also has 2 side pockets that you can put bottles in, but also keeps them upright.
I use it right through the summer holidays for days out with the kids.

mummytoshrimps Sun 31-May-09 15:41:33

Thanks for replies! Love the Cath Kidston one...does it hold a lot fatzak?

I'm not too keen on rucksacks altho I know they're so practical...just don't like the feel of them on my back for some reason!

fatzak Sun 31-May-09 15:57:12

It holds loads mummytoshrimps. I don't have any small handbags so everything just gets thrown into it! When I got mine they also did a really lovely olive green polka dot one but that doesn't seem to be around now.

violethill Sun 31-May-09 16:02:54

Monsoon (Accessorize)have a good selection - nice designs and big enough for overnight or out for the day.

titferbrains Sun 31-May-09 16:25:07

I have a fleurville changing bag which is roomy and has millions of pockets. It looks pretty too. I did have to get a friend to send it from the states because I wanted a particular colour but they sell them at john lewis.

I also use a very boring muji back pack that I've had for ages, but which does the job and is extremely lightweight.

mummytoshrimps Sun 31-May-09 17:39:30

Thanks again. Any comments about Kipling bags? Good or just over-priced?

titferbrains Mon 01-Jun-09 15:30:07

i dont'like the style of kipling but i've noticed they do bags in good practical shapes and sizes.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 01-Jun-09 19:58:26

I have a brown leather satchel from Gap (menswear section.....tis an authentic man bag ) which I have used for the last 4 years. I can fit in lunchbox for me & DCs, change of trousers for DS2 and a chunky SLR camera plus a few other bits and pieces. It just gets better looking with age. I am sure they must still do something similar.

mummytoshrimps Thu 04-Jun-09 20:34:22

Thanks mrsjohn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now