Talk

Advanced search

Lovely bath oil that isn't ruinously expensive

(10 Posts)
snickersnack Sat 30-May-09 22:23:13

I was given some REN Rose Otto bath oil for Christmas. It's all gone [sob]. I was going to buy some more today then I saw the price...is there anything similar anyone can recommend that isn't going quite so expensive (but ideally still has that amazingly wonderful floral smell)?

mrsmaidamess Sat 30-May-09 22:44:08

Have you looked at Aromatherapy Associates stuff?

Not cheap either, but I got a little taster set of 3 of their oils and they are fab.

They make your skin scented all day. You can get it from Space Nk, their website or Ebay.

slackrunner Sat 30-May-09 22:46:45

Dr. Hauschka bath oils are fabulous. They're about £11 a pop, but last for ages, and are cheaper than Ren and AA (I think).

cherryblossoms Sat 30-May-09 22:49:25

The Ren rose Otto is fab, isn't it?

Have you tried just putting a little rose otto essential oil in your bath?

I also like blush the M and S rose bubble bath. But it isn't an oil.

On the plus side, the Ren oil does leave the bath very slippy and it's a pain washing it down afterwards ... . (That's supposed to help ease the pain of coming to the end of the bottle. Not sure it truly works though.)

WolframAlpha Sat 30-May-09 22:49:31

There is a weleda rose one that is quite naice, but nothing is as good as the REN one.

I got some of the basics Neals Yard bath oil and dh bought me some rose essential oil, put a couple of drops in - but tbh I reckon it prob cost about the same price as the REN, just feels more thrifty (and also not so much of treat) so false economy really.

slackrunner Sat 30-May-09 22:52:17

Ooh yes - Weleda bath oils are vairy nice too.

snickersnack Sun 31-May-09 10:33:56

I did tell myself I wouldn't have to clean the bath afterwards. But it didn't make me feel much better...

I'll check out Space NK tomorrow in my lunch hour. But Weleda also a good idea, as is pure essential oil...

WorrisomeHeart Sun 31-May-09 10:43:51

Vote for Liz Earle's here - lovely, lovely smelling and not obviously slippery after.

MrsMattie Sun 31-May-09 10:46:24

I use olive oil with a few drops of essential oil in. Aytthe moment I've mixed rose and jasmine and it's divine.

snickersnack Sun 31-May-09 19:44:08

MrsMattie, that sounds lovely. Where do you get your rose oil from? I've just looked at prices online and I'm not sure it wouldn't be cheaper to buy the REN stuff. £29 for 2.5ml. Eek.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now