Talk

Advanced search

Need perfect multi-tasking dress for summer...

(7 Posts)
Hopefully Sat 30-May-09 18:53:05

In an ideal world I'd quite like a maxi dress, but am currently a small size 14 on the bottom, 12 on top, with E cup BFing boobs, so not sure if it would be a good look. Maybe a silk wrap dress? Or a vintagey looking big skirted one? I have no idea! Have fairly fat upper arms, but would prefer to cover with a wrap or cardi than have a long sleeved dress. Am hourglass shape, 26, like to think of myself as faintly stylish, but not brave enough to be hugely fashion forward.

We're going on holiday as foot passengers on ferry to DP's dad's birthday 'week' in France, and will only be able to take what we can carry. Given that most bag space will be taken up by DS's crap and DP's linen suit, I need to pack light! So Dress needs to be smart enough to stand up to wearing to reasonably posh restaurant for dinner (with nice shoes and jewellery) and for sightseeing during the day (with flip flops).

Needs to either be relatively cheap so I don't mind getting rid of it when I lose the last few pounds of baby weight (have managed to shed over 16lbs, still got 8 or 9 to go), or if it's expensive be of a cut that I would be able to take it in when the boobs and hips go down a bit (fairly competent sewer). So anything from £30-£200 is acceptable! More if it's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen and I'll wear it every summer from here to the end of time.

Hopefully Sat 30-May-09 18:54:25

Oh crap, just thinking of other things I can wear it for, and have remembers horrendously chic garden party I am going to next weekend. So would quite like one suitable for that too! Party will be full of yummy mummys with no leftover baby bulges...

janeite Sat 30-May-09 21:55:18

Gap usually have silk wrap dresses iirc.

Hopefully Sun 31-May-09 08:18:54

Thank you!

Bumping for all the people who are playing with their ridiculously early rising children enjoying a sunday lie in.

bubblagirl Sun 31-May-09 08:33:59

i would say def a wrap dress shorter ones can be worn over linen trousers and diamante sandals

longer ones with nice wedge heels or sparkly sandals wrap dresses are always more flattering for any shape and classy looking too

naomi83 Sun 31-May-09 11:41:19

perfect for every occasion dresses for girls with boobs- here also love this one! and also lovely

Hopefully Sun 31-May-09 18:59:31

Ooh, I didn't realise bravissimo did dresses - I always loved their tops for big boobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now